By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "The Daddy" turns 10 today!!!

The pimp daddy of all consoles.

The best line up of games I have ever seen in the same place. By far my favorite console ever. Happy Birthday PS2, you were one hell of a system.

most notables for me:

Final Fantasy X, XII
Gran Turismo 3 and 4
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, San Andreas
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3
Winning Eleven 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Resident Evil 4 with more content than the GC edition (but worse graphics)
Okami

and those just fly right off the top of my head.

Around the Network

Happy birthday to the PS2, the king of the consoles!!!

And kudos to Sony for supporting it for so long thus allowing so many people to enjoy all the great gaming that the PS2 has to offer.

relix said:
And has been outsold for the last 5 years lol. I remember that chart last year, PS2 had 2% of USA software sales. That was year 9. So much for Sony's ten year ps2 lol.

PS3 will be in even worse position after ten years since it had not PS2's initial popularity, not even 10%.

I ask you nicely, please stay out of here. Thanks.

Happy Birthday PS2, is this a first? or did the SNES or something last something crazy in Japan?

Happy birthday PS2!

I kind of want them to kill PS2 off now that they've fulfilled the 10 year promise, but its selling better than any 10 year old console ever.

Around the Network

Happy birthday PS2!!

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Ok, so I just realized we were talking about Japan. Stupid me.

Seece said:
Happy Birthday PS2, is this a first? or did the SNES or something last something crazy in Japan?

Not nearly as popular but NeoGeo AES 1990-2005

Good going Playstation 2, the quality spoke for itself.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

i only got my PS2 last year but its awesome. im playing GoW2 on it right now

Happy birthday you sexy beast, you. ♥

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.