By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Toys 'R ' Us Sunday Wii MADNESS

It is hard to find a Wii right now. They are selling for 400+ on Amazon. I actually just bought one for my kid.....not for 400 $ though. That said, thats the only reason I bought one.......for my kid. I have looked at every game that the Wii offers and none of them would make me want to shell out 300 bucks for a PS2 with a motion remote and Mario. Bottom line is that the Wii is selling great. Kids want them and thats what sells. Remember when crazy moms accros the US were fighing each other and paying 2000$ + for a Tickle ME ELMO doll. Parents will do some crazy things so that there kids have what they want. Its an ok console with OK games, its just what the kids want. They dont really care about Media servers and BD playback. Good job Ninty for marketing to the crowd that has kept you alive.

Around the Network

Wow darendt, just shaking my head. That's all you deserve.

sounds like someone hasnt been invited for the party.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

darendt said:
It is hard to find a Wii right now. They are selling for 400+ on Amazon. I actually just bought one for my kid.....not for 400 $ though. That said, thats the only reason I bought one.......for my kid. I have looked at every game that the Wii offers and none of them would make me want to shell out 300 bucks for a PS2 with a motion remote and Mario. Bottom line is that the Wii is selling great. Kids want them and thats what sells. Remember when crazy moms accros the US were fighing each other and paying 2000$ + for a Tickle ME ELMO doll. Parents will do some crazy things so that there kids have what they want. Its an ok console with OK games, its just what the kids want. They dont really care about Media servers and BD playback. Good job Ninty for marketing to the crowd that has kept you alive.

I've heard the Gamecube BS before, but this is the first time I've seen someone call a Wii a PS2 that wasn't high. And pretended like it was a bad thing.

It takes all kinds of idiots.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

darendt said:

I don't recall seeing a PS2 with a 700Mhz processor. Or a more ruthless troll than you.

Around the Network

Apology up front, I posted this same question in the Wii B2G1F thread, just looking to see if anyone knows...

Does anyone know if TRU is restocking games and putting out new releases as they get them in this week? Or are they waiting until the sale is over Wednesday night to put any more games out (on Thursday)?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
routsounmanman said:
darendt said:

I don't recall seeing a PS2 with a 700Mhz processor. Or a more ruthless troll than you.

Yep, I am a troll for giving your beloved Ninty a compliment. The Wii is selling great, and Nintendo decided early on that hardware was not what they wanted to focus on. Of course it has a faster CPU, and a better GPU than the PS2, I would hope so considering the difference in time between the 2. It still doesnt negate the fact that the Wii has no games that would motivate me to shell out 300 bucks. And since there arent any othere features that it offers, chances are I wouldnt get one until the price came down. I always enjoy the various Mario games they come out with. Kids however dont care how much it costs, they just want it. My kid wants a PS3 too, but he can just play mine.  Now he can play the Wii as well since he will have it at Christmas. My point was that as an Adult there isnt anything that I find compelling me to purchase it. Aside from a kid who wants one.

darendt said:

Yep, I am a troll for giving your beloved Ninty a compliment. The Wii is selling great, and Nintendo decided early on that hardware was not what they wanted to focus on. Of course it has a faster CPU, and a better GPU than the PS2, I would hope so considering the difference in time between the 2. It still doesnt negate the fact that the Wii has no games that would motivate me to shell out 300 bucks. And since there arent any othere features that it offers, chances are I wouldnt get one until the price came down. I always enjoy the various Mario games they come out with. Kids however dont care how much it costs, they just want it. My kid wants a PS3 too, but he can just play mine. Now he can play the Wii as well since he will have it at Christmas. My point was that as an Adult there isnt anything that I find compelling me to purchase it. Aside from a kid who wants one.

Plenty of other adult find reasons, including myself.  If you are happy with a $129 PS2, that's fine, people keep buying them and I was seriously starting to wonder who.

Just curious, do you find any reason to shell out $1000+ for a new PC, or the price for a 360 or PS3?

darendt said:
routsounmanman said:
darendt said:

Yep, I am a troll for giving your beloved Ninty a compliment. The Wii is selling great, and Nintendo decided early on that hardware was not what they wanted to focus on. Of course it has a faster CPU, and a better GPU than the PS2, I would hope so considering the difference in time between the 2. It still doesnt negate the fact that the Wii has no games that would motivate me to shell out 300 bucks. And since there arent any othere features that it offers, chances are I wouldnt get one until the price came down. I always enjoy the various Mario games they come out with. Kids however dont care how much it costs, they just want it. My kid wants a PS3 too, but he can just play mine.  Now he can play the Wii as well since he will have it at Christmas. My point was that as an Adult there isnt anything that I find compelling me to purchase it. Aside from a kid who wants one.

It seems howver you are in the minority when it comes to adults who want to play videogames however.

Darendt is simply employing a neat trick that it's impossible to penetrate.

I could just as easily state that (in my opinion) the PS2 has no good games. If you were to bring up any of the PS2 enormous variety of quality titles -- be it Metal Gear, Okami, Final Fantasy, Shadow of the Colossus, Grand Theft Auto, or any other -- I could just say: "I don't like those games, they're puerile." And what can you do? It's just my opinion.

In effect, anyone at any time can insist that all of the games on any particular system don't appeal to them, and that's a totally unassailable position. There's pretty much nothing you can do but reply: "That's just your opinion."

And that's what I'll do -- darendt, this is only your opinion. A good deal of people -- most likely the majority -- disagree with your assessment. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">