By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic & Sega All Star Racing...

Holy crap!

Apparently there is a PC version...

To which you say "So what?"

Well the PC version supports Nvidia 3D vision with excellent rating. Cant fucking wait to try it!

This is the type of game to play in 3D...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Holy crap!

Well the PC version supports Nvidia 3D vision with excellent rating. Cant fucking wait to try it!

According to NeoGAF, the PC version does not have online gameplay.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

patjuan32 said:
disolitude said:
Holy crap!

According to NeoGAF, the PC version does not have online gameplay.

Damn, that sucks...I doubt it has split screen as well...but as long as 3D looks sick, it should be a cool experience.

PorkChopTD said:
mike_intellivision said:
I plan to get this game. But not at $40.

Mike from Morgantown

Yet you will pay 50 for Mario Kart?  This game is every bit as good and fun as mario kart, yet it is not worth 40?  That make absolutely no sense!  This is what I can't stand, people get Mario games because of the name.  New Super Mario Bros Wii is fantastic and I love the game.  Then I also had Mario Party 8 and that game sucked.  It is a mind thing, nintendo is not the only company that make great games!

Yes, a game built specifically for the system from the ground up is worth full price. I'll pick up Sonic at $20 because, again, if it's not built from the ground up specifically for the Wii it's not worth the full price.

Mario Party is made by Hudson, not even in close to Nintendo EAD.

cAPSLOCK said:
PorkChopTD said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

Yet you will pay 50 for Mario Kart?  This game is every bit as good and fun as mario kart, yet it is not worth 40?  That make absolutely no sense!  This is what I can't stand, people get Mario games because of the name.  New Super Mario Bros Wii is fantastic and I love the game.  Then I also had Mario Party 8 and that game sucked.  It is a mind thing, nintendo is not the only company that make great games!

Yes, a game built specifically for the system from the ground up is worth full price. I'll pick up Sonic at $20 because, again, if it's not built from the ground up specifically for the Wii it's not worth the full price.

Makes no sense what so ever. Lots of games are built from the ground up for the Wii which aren't worth full price.

So Sonic and Black Knight is worth full price while Sonic Unleashed isn't? Well Sonic Unleashed is a better game no matter how you slice it...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
cAPSLOCK said:
PorkChopTD said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

Makes no sense what so ever. Lots of games are built from the ground up for the Wii which aren't worth full price.

So Sonic and Black Knight is worth full price while Sonic Unleashed isn't? Well Sonic Unleashed is a better game no matter how you slice it...

I don't recall stating that a game being exclusive was the only quality I measured. (also who pays full price for a Sonic game anymore?)

However, PC and Wii are unique in that if they're not exclusive, they almost always suffer in some important way.

Like if I see PC/360/PS3 I know I'll be playing a game with teeny tiny maps, crappy control options, DLC, and other things that scream "this was made for a console". Read that as "this is a gimp PC experience"

If I see a game for Wii/360/PS3 I know the graphics were based around PS360 instead of someone doing something interesting with the art and design, which means the Wii suffers more than it would otherwise. This also means the control was an afterthought instead of a central concern. There will be DLC later for the game, which won't be on the Wii. Awesome, so basically that means they sold an incomplete game and not only is it incomplete but the Wii will never see that DLC anyway.

It's not an issue of some kind of bitter anger over console exclusivity (I own a PS3 anyway), but quality is a very real concern if you're buying for the PC or Wii.  I was interested in it as I have a soft spot for MK ripoffs, but reading up on it and watching a lot of reviews and impressions does tell me the Wii is the weakest console version. I see no reason why I should pay full price for a clone of MK with (from what I've read) worse online and worse controls and, to top it all off, is the worst of the console versions of the game.

PorkChopTD said:
morenoingrato said:
the reason no one buys this is:

- 20 million Wii owners already own Mario Kart Wii
- The game is too "kiddy" for PS360 owners

Well as I said in my post.  If you "Have" Mario Kart wii you should get this game.  It is basically Mario Kart 2 without the blue shell and better graphics

Better looking?  From my understanding...

Mario Kart = solid 60 fps with heavy rim lighting/bloom/etc

Sonic Racing = occasional 30 fps with few effects

... Sumo certainly makes pleasing looking Wii games, but EAD makes the BEST looking Wii games.

jarrod said:
PorkChopTD said:
morenoingrato said:

Well as I said in my post.  If you "Have" Mario Kart wii you should get this game.  It is basically Mario Kart 2 without the blue shell and better graphics

... Sumo certainly makes pleasing looking Wii games, but EAD makes the BEST looking Wii games.

Yes, it is a better looking game.  I have played them both, and S&SASR looks better IMO.  You can have yours, and I will have mine. 

You know what the funny thing is, it is compared to MKW by every reviewer.  Yet it probably isn't going to hit the million mark in sales, while many reviewers say it is as good a MKW. 

Don't bash a game you probably haven't played yet.  Youtube video's do this game no justice!

All I know is that 360 version destroys Mario Kart visually :)

PorkChopTD said:
jarrod said:
PorkChopTD said:
morenoingrato said:

Yes, it is a better looking game.  I have played them both, and S&SASR looks better IMO.  You can have yours, and I will have mine. 

You know what the funny thing is, it is compared to MKW by every reviewer.  Yet it probably isn't going to hit the million mark in sales, while many reviewers say it is as good a MKW. 

Don't bash a game you probably haven't played yet.  Youtube video's do this game no justice!

I'm just arguing the technical merits here.  Mario Kart is just more impressive when you really start to factor everything in (framerate, lighting, etc).  And honestly, framerate is the MOST important visual aspect in a racer imo.

I did play the 360 demo, but the framerate was so bad it was borderline unplayable imo.  I'll probably pick up the Wii version eventually, as it's framerate is actually supposed to be better and I think it'll have a more numerous online community (thanks to the millions of Mario Karters on Wii).