No, I make money under th... 2 2.35%

Total:85

I think alcohol should become illegal

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
I think alcohol should become illegal

Don't try to derail my thread son, LOL

if marijuana is illegal , then cigarrettes and alcohol shouldn't be legal.

mM
leo-j said:

If cigarettes and alcohol are legal, then marijuana shouldn't be illegal.

Prohibition laws create a very lucrative undergound market. History proves this AND provides the solution.

I believe that those who support prohibition laws are accomplices to every crime committed as a result of them.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

NinjaguyDan said:
leo-j said:

If cigarettes and alcohol are legal, then marijuana shouldn't be illegal.

Prohibition laws create a very lucrative undergound market. History proves this AND provides the solution.

I believe that those who support prohibition laws are accomplices to every crime committed as a result of them.

I bet you over half the votes to keep these things illegal ARE the dealers.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Kasz216 said:
chocoloco said:
TheRealMafoo said:
chocoloco said:
TheRealMafoo said:
chocoloco said:

I am all for legalizing drugs, but that chart is bullshit. There is no way you can tell me the "addiction potential", or the Withdrawal of Alcohol is the same or more then Cocaine and Nicotine.

I drink a lot (3-4 times a week), but there will be time I might not drink for a month. I am never compelled to take a drink, or feel any withdrawal for nothing doing it.

I know many people like that, in fact, I know of none who are not like that. I have never heard of 1 person who quit smoking, or doing cocaine and said it was as simple as just not doing it.

Alcohol is the most commonly abused drug in Western society. It almost has as many addicts as opiate addicts of the past. Opium used to be the most commonly abused drug until modern times when alcohol took over. Their are tons of alcoholics , I probably drink about the same number of time a week you do. Withdrawl includes the hangover everyone knows about is a withdrawl from the drug.

And I am not getting the last part of you argument of course quiting any drug as as simple as not doing it, but it can be shown that one drug is harder statistically than another.

I had some work done on my teeth last week. I have not been allowed to drink because of it. I have no effects to not drinking. Not a single one.

If I did Nicotine, Heroin, or Cocaine at the same levels, I would have gone through some sort of withdraw.

And Alcohol being the #1 abused drug, and it being the most addictive are not remotely the same thing.

Man I am glad to hear your not an alcohlic or physically addicted to alcohol because if you were you would be going through withdrawl. Niclotine withdrawl really does suck as I am an ex smoker. I cannot say for cocaine or herion because I am not addicted to them and hav e never used herion.  I don't think alcoholl is the most addictive drug, but it is the most commonly abused drur in modern times.

The question I think he's saying though is...

How easy is it to get addicted to say... Nicotine, Meth, Marijuana compaired to beer.

For example, those charts are fairly useless if it's actually much easier to get addicted to Marijuana by smoking say... an 8th or dime bag a week.

Which I do believe an 8th or dime bag a week is more addicting then say a case of beer a week.

Marijuana is proven to only be mentally addictive not physically addictive. All the other substances you have listed are physically addictive including beer. Of course, alcohol physical addiction takes years and years of abuse at high levels of consumption. If you don't know the differance between physical and mental addiction; mental addiction means you think you need the drug, physical addiction means your body, cells are addicted to the drug and that you will experience things like withdrawl if you do not use the drug.

Yeah, that's exactly my point.  The physical addiction of beer takes a LONG time, with a lot of abuse.  I'm talking about compairing addictions among casual users.

Kasz216 said:

Yeah, that's exactly my point.  The physical addiction of beer takes a LONG time, with a lot of abuse.  I'm talking about compairing addictions among casual users.

There are also significant questions of what the long term effects of Marijuana would be if it was abused to the same level over the same timeframe as someone who develops a significant physical addiction to a substance like alcohol. There have been studies that indicate that how Marijuana alters brain chemistry it might have an impact on depression, anxiety and paranoia; while this might have a very limited effect for a recreational user who only experimented for a short period of their life, for someone who regularly uses marijuana for decades it could have a significant effect.

Not only Cannabis dudes.

Here's the graphic about drugs published by The Lancet after studies concerning acute, chronical and intravenous harm, pleasure, physical dependence, psychological dependence, intoxication, social harm and health care costs, made after extensive studies far more credible than your layman opinion about the subject...

Not to mention I'm tired of having my friends to smoke pot on my room... having it to be legal would make my life a bit easier.

haxxiy said:

Not only Cannabis dudes.

Here's the graphic about drugs published by The Lancet after studies concerning acute, chronical and intravenous harm, pleasure, physical dependence, psychological dependence, intoxication, social harm and health care costs, made after extensive studies far more credible than your layman opinion about the subject...

Not to mention I'm tired of having my friends to smoke pot on my room... having it to be legal would make my life a bit easier.

I have significant doubts about any study that doesn't associate an extreme amount of physical harm to solvents. Unlike many drugs that bind to chemical receptors in your brain and cause the release of a variety of endorphins to produce a form of pleasure, solvents get people high because they’re a toxin that rapidly kills off vast quantities of brain cells.

But what about Carl Sagan?