By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon Customers Vote - $79 Wii, $139 PS3, $99 360

If you have an amazon.com account you should check out the current contest/promotion they're having. 

Basically Amazon has taken different competing products and pitted them against each other.  Customers then vote for which deal they want and after the contest is over 1000 people are chosen from each category and allowed to buy the product they voted for at either the winning price or runner-up price (depending on if the product won the vote or not).

Here's how it works for the videogame system category:

WinningRunner-up
 PricePrice
Wii$79 $199
PS3 (40Gig)$139 $319
360 (Arcade)$99

$219

If say you voted for the Wii and it wins the vote and your name is drawn you can buy a Wii for $79.  If instead you voted for a Wii and the PS3 wins and your name is drawn you can buy a Wii for $199.

Anyways this is just a heads up and good luck to everyone that takes part :)

Around the Network

Link: http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/amazon-customers-vote

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Current rankings:

Nintendo Wii - 55%
Playstation 3 - 31%
Xbox 360 - 14%

I voted for the PS3. Who wouldn't want a PS3 for $139 bucks?

I could understand more demand for the Wii than the PS3, but the Wii is already cheap, I want to be able to buy a PS3 for the price of a PS2.

Dolla Dolla said:
Current rankings:

Nintendo Wii - 55%
Playstation 3 - 31%
Xbox 360 - 14%

Trouble is, your choice has to win the vote.

Looks like you might get one for $319, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Current rankings:

Nintendo Wii - 55%
Playstation 3 - 31%
Xbox 360 - 14%

Trouble is, your choice has to win the vote.

Looks like you might get one for $319, though.

The rarity of Wii wins out in this one. Atleast you would be guaranteed a Wii for christmas, as opposed to PS3 which you are already guaranteed (just walk into any electronics store).

If it were the 80 GB PS3, I think it might have ALOT more votes.

When is this? I would buy a wii faster than you can say we.

mM

Voted PS3, since $139 is about the price that would actually induce me to buy one. =P

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

leo-j said:
When is this? I would buy a wii faster than you can say we.

Go here to vote.

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/amazon-customers-vote

There are actually 6 round with all sorts of amazing deals.  There is an HD round with a blu-ray/HD DVD/HD Tivo also (interestingly, the HD DVD player is currently winning).

There is a calendar that shows all the deadline information:

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/amazon-customers-vote-calendar/ref=amb_link_5635672_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1EA71N79HP818D1C7K47&pf_rd_t=2001&pf_rd_p=330415901&pf_rd_i=amazon-customers-vote