By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Summer Olympics or Winter Olympics? Which one is your favorite?

Summer olympics are more entertaining for me.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

winter olympics all the way. It has the vastly superior sports like: alpine skiing, ice hockey, and curling

@kahn - what do all of those "great" cities have in common? the lack of snow with a nice mountain Besides, if you ever visited lake placid (1980 winter olympics) it is a wonderful little place. Sure not all the culture, but you get out in the woods and just enjoy the beautiful scenery.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

winter easily

Winter Olympics.

Less friction = more speed = more fun.

Ski jump > high dive
Figure skating > gymnastics
Ice hockey > field hockey
Bobsleigh > track

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Tough, a tie? I really like lots of sports. Just off the top of my head:

Winter Olympics: Ski events, Snowboard events, Hockey, Speed Skating and Figure Skating
Summer Olympics: Swimming, Track, Football, Tennis, Badminton, Diving, and Gymnastics

Hard to pick one over the other, so I'll just enjoy both :P

Around the Network

I'm a huge Winter Olympics fan. I'm a fan of both, but in summer the variety of sport is just so wide and awesome.

Speed Skating is faster than Running
Figure Skating is more gracefull than gymnastics
Ski jumping is insaner than long jump
Ski jumping (twisty kind) is crazier than diving
Cross country skiing is just kind of better than long distance walking
Hockey is better than Basketball
Curling is better than baseball
Bobsled, skeleton and louge are so much more incredible than any summer sport we might wish to compare to
Skiing, snowboarding, halfpipe, moguls and ski cross are so much more awesome than any summer sport we might wish to compare... (cycling?)

You just see such crazy stuff in the winter olympics that the lack of ice means you can't get in the summer.

Yes the Summer Olympics has more countries in it for obvious reasons. But the Winter Olympics still had 82 competing countries, and it's always growing. This time around Cayman Islands, Colombia, Ghana, Montenegro, Pakistan, Peru and Serbia made their winter Olympic debuts.

As for the whole Winter Olympics are too dominated by a select few countries... Are people really forgetting what it's like watching Russia, U.S and China win medal after medal? The summer Olympics is just fortunate enough to have hundreds of medals to go around.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I enjoy the winter olympics more. I love watching all the short track speed skating events and snowboard cross, no other olympic sport comes close. In fact, my three favorite sports to watch are football, short track speed skating, and snowboard cross.

Normally I'd go with Summer but after Canada's great performance in the winter games I'd have to go with that. Besides the winter games have hockey! Nothing beats hockey. Except maybe curling.

The Summer Olympics are much better and way more events than the Winter Olympics.

Summer because more than 20 nations attend.