By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How will sony be able to fix this

I have been reading about this corruption problem because of the date and stuff. People have lost their trophies and people said something about data corruption. How will sony be ably to fix this? Do they have a computer or something that stores all of their data?

Around the Network

What I still don't understand is how it affects offline PS3s O_O

SpartenOmega117 said:

I have been reading about this corruption problem because of the date and stuff. People have lost their trophies and people said something about data corruption. How will sony be ably to fix this? Do they have a computer or something that stores all of their data?

sony will fix the problem, trophy stuff should be ok since its synced to psn, corrupted data may be gone forever though. From what I hear however, saved data isn't being hit, so the game saves should be fine. Other data would be easily replaced.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

indodude said:

Something to do with a Calendar issue. PS3 wants to go to Fab 29th for some reason. But there is no Feb 29th this year.

all trophies are held on servers, so there should be a backup server for that. im sure everything will be fine in the end, its just 1 massive cock up for sony though

Around the Network

Free slims for all!

leap year bug it looks like.

Wagram said:
indodude said:

Something to do with a Calendar issue. PS3 wants to go to Fab 29th for some reason. But there is no Feb 29th this year.

I'm glad I don't have a PS3 yet then. I will likely get one (Insomniac f'ing rules), but having a Y2010 virus is just screwed up.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Mayan Calendar FTW!

LordTheNightKnight said:
Wagram said:
indodude said:

I'm glad I don't have a PS3 yet then. I will likely get one (Insomniac f'ing rules), but having a Y2010 virus is just screwed up.

oooo TNK, for all the reasons to want a PS3 :/