By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

This is like the swine flu of ps3s

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
Wagram said:
ShadowSnake said:
if the ps3 (160 phatty) hasn't been plugged in at all for the past couple of days, will there be a problem if i were to wait for all this to blow over?

Honestly I don't think being online at all affects this. I believe that even if your console is off atm you still may be prone to this issue.

Actually, I think it was stated that if you were already logged on before the clock rolled over to 2/29, you'd be fine.

It's only if you turned your system on after the clock rolled that you'd be experiencing all the related date error problems. I can vouch for this personally.

I'm not turning my other system on until the fix is announced.

being logged on before it occured isn't the sme thing as the system itself being off, and thus not logged on, so I'm not sure how you are disp[uting his position.  if the requirement for this to occur is that you are not logged on when it happened, than a system that is off, and thus not logged on, would also be affected, regardless of whether you turn it on or not because it meets the criteria -- not logged on when the calendar rolled back, and the calendar rolled back even if the system is off.  

PlayStation Blog

PlayStation Network Status Update

Posted by Jeff Rubenstein // Social Media Manager

We’re aware that many of you are having difficulty connecting to the PlayStation Network this evening. Those of you with “slim” PS3s (the 120/250 GB models) appear to be unaffected.

Know that we have narrowed down the issue and have engineers working to restore service even as you read this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and genuinely appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

In the meantime, you may want to follow our Twitter account for the latest updates.

KylieDog said:
Lets laugh while we wait for a fix.

omg its back to the future all over again!!

So the refurbished working 60 Gigers must be the ones that had their motherboard replaced with a more recent one.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

IDK if it helped or not, but as soon as I turned my PS3 on, unconnected to the internet, I changed the time to March 1st. No wonder the clock is the problem, it sets itself to 12/31/1999 even though you can only choose dates in the 2000's.

Does this mean that people will complain about their save data failing in 2100?

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Nothing Wrong with my FAT PS3. It was working all day...I turned it on/off like 5-6 times

I played a lot borderlands online

So does this mean that if we stay online till 4pm est/12am GMT, that the calandar will then think it is March 1, 2010, and will be ok?  Of course this only matters if they don't fix it by then.

I was on psn all day, afraid to turn my ps3 off but I think leaving it on for so long would hurt it more. I'll turn it off and not touch it until sony fixes the problem.

Oh shit, who knew Y2K was going to hurt us a decade later?
Damn.