By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

Dgc1808 said:
Interesting... SONY's own security measures backfiring because of a simple error in the internal clock...

So this is what would happen when someone tries to mess with the internal clock on a system...

Or when the battery on the motherboard will die... This is shit really.

Around the Network

Examiner

After calling Sony's technical support and speaking to one of their representatives, we were told the issue would be fixed by morning and that there is no need to fear about game's trophies of save data. So, it sounds like the fix will be made relatively soon and that there won't be any ill side-effects from the bug. What time the fix will go up exactly is yet to be determined.

makingmusic476 said:
Examiner

After calling Sony's technical support and speaking to one of their representatives, we were told the issue would be fixed by morning and that there is no need to fear about game's trophies of save data. So, it sounds like the fix will be made relatively soon and that there won't be any ill side-effects from the bug. What time the fix will go up exactly is yet to be determined.

See. What I say. No harm no foul. Anyways good night folks.

ooo shit affecting everybody one by one! ... everybody on my friends list offline! it was like a countdown timer Im scared to turn my PS3 off!! :(

if the ps3 (160 phatty) hasn't been plugged in at all for the past couple of days, will there be a problem if i were to wait for all this to blow over?

Around the Network
ShadowSnake said:
if the ps3 (160 phatty) hasn't been plugged in at all for the past couple of days, will there be a problem if i were to wait for all this to blow over?

Honestly I don't think being online at all affects this. I believe that even if your console is off atm you still may be prone to this issue.

So are slims safe?

D'oh.

First thing I noticed is that the clock was set to 12/31 when I turned on my 60GB.

Second thing I noticed was that I couldn't log onto PSN (error message). Fine, no big deal. It'll be up later.

Third thing I noticed, and really the only thing that has me a bit concerned; none of my PSN games will start.

Double D'oh.

I'm going to leave my other PS3 off until this thing is resolved.

Wagram said:
ShadowSnake said:

Honestly I don't think being online at all affects this. I believe that even if your console is off atm you still may be prone to this issue.

Actually, I think it was stated that if you were already logged on before the clock rolled over to 2/29, you'd be fine.

It's only if you turned your system on after the clock rolled that you'd be experiencing all the related date error problems. I can vouch for this personally.

I'm not turning my other system on until the fix is announced.

I haven't turned my PS3 fat on yet. So, I'm guessing I shouldn't turn it on until this problem is fixed.