By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ign review of rockband

I'm sure it's amazing, but at that price...

Around the Network
tacoking said:
endurance said:
tacoking said:
So it's $170...still doesn't change the fact that I. Want. It. Now.

thats alot of money

Never said it wasn't.

It could be $400. That won't make me want it any less.

your lucky,i really want it but i cant afford it

Another problem is the boxes are ginormous. How many can a store really stock? It takes the shelf space of several dozen games. That kind of real estate costs a store money.

yeah at my local wal-mart and gamestop they have no room for it

konnichiwa said:
I think more people prefer Guitar Hero.

yeah its mostly beacause its cheaper and doesnt take up as much space as rock band does

Around the Network
endurance said:

your lucky,i really want it but i cant afford it

Neither can I. But you are missing what I am saying...so I give up.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

This game has several massive disadvantages going against it. Obviously you have that crazy price, the issue with retail space, and finally (the biggest IMO) is the fact that you pretty much NEED a group of friends to enjoy this game. As a Single Player game, it's obviously much inferior to Guitar Hero. I don't doubt that this game is amazing with four friends, but how many people are going to be willing to spend close to $200, and then always play the thing together in a large group?

Rock Band will be fantastically well received by a niche audience of fans. But that's the problem; in the end, it's a niche game. I can't see it ending up with a lot of mainstream appeal, especially releasing shortly AFTER Guitar Hero. Having just bought a $90 guitar game, how many people are going to spring $170 for another, similar game?

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

shams said:
GH3 is too expensive (and I'm not really into it) for me to consider. Rock band will be even more crazy expensive, and take even more space up in our living room. And I suck musically :)

If they bring out a cheaper Wii version next year - I may consider.

Cough... Cough... The Wii has had a music game which Guitar Hero was based on since day one. The Nintendo version of Taiko Drum Master. You can get it most places for less then 20$ with the instrument and it's the exact same game but with a drum. Go pick up Donkey Konga 1 and 2 plus jungle beat if you haven't already. Ton's of fun and next to no cost anymore. Plus the drums are easy to hide when done playing.

Nintendo was dumb to not continue Donkey Konga on to more mainstream appeal (Wii).  All it needed was more games and licenced songs.  A Wii version with online play would have been cool.  Nintendo should never have backed out on it so soon. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.