By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HEAVY RAIN: How far had you gone to save your son? SPOILER

Mr. sickVisionz said:

My first ending got ruined due to six axis not registering correctly. Everything is going fine, I'm at the right warehouse, rescue the kid. One wrong QTE (six axis) gets Jayden killed. One wrong QTE (six axis again) makes Madison's bike crash, which gets Ethan killed and Scott Shelby's loser ass doesn't rot in jail for the rest of his life, instead he gets a quick and painless death.

I could play it again, but I don't think i'd enjoy it as much since what happened is canon and any changes to make it better are gonna feel like fan fiction.  I was playing it on easy but I switched in the middle and now I really regret it. I wouldn't mind if I got the shit ending because I made bad choices, but I got them because of wonky controls.

The game is so much like a movie that I'm judging it like a movie. For me Heavy Rain was great but the ending I got was ass and ruined it. At least if it was a movie i'd only lose $8 and 2 hours. I lost $60 and 20 hours on this.

It was a cool experiment and I'm happy to have supported the idea that games can be more than shooters, but I think next time i'll wait till it's $20 or just Gamefly it.

So - you are saying that HR was a better deal based on the above bolded statement.

$8 @ 2 hours = $80 for 20 hours

So you saved yourself $20 :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

I had drank the poison right before my PS3 went crazy. I'm playing the game the way I would behave in real life. I wish I could read this thread!!

And Scott turned out to be a bad ass!! I don't hate him, anymore.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I just beat the game. Luckily, after glancing at this thread, I never saw that Scott Shelby was the killer. My God, this game was awesome!!

-I drove on the wrong side of the highway.
-I survived the power plant
-I cut of my finger
-I didn't kill (I would never kill anyone in cold blood).
-I drank the poison

Also, Jayden died facing off against the Origami Killer. But the killer didn't get away! I'm going to replay the game, tomorrow. Still, I think that what happened in this ending was the most satisfying. This game was amazing.

I was told there's and ending where Ethan and Maddison end up together and Lauren gets to kill Scott, is this true? Also, except accusing Blake of being Origami, Jayden seems to be Invincible.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
I was told there's and ending where Ethan and Maddison end up together and Lauren gets to kill Scott, is this true? Also, except accusing Blake of being Origami, Jayden seems to be Invincible.

The ending I got, Lauren killed Scott.  Scott managed to kill Jayden and escape.  When Scott met up with Lauren afterwards, she had figured out who the Origami Killer was and said, "I promised I would kill the man who killed my son"  and it started to look a lot like that casting video that came out a couple of years ago for Heavy Rain.

Ethan and Madison probably would've ended up together in my ending if it weren't for the fact that, since my kid was kidnapped, my finger was missing, and I was all burned up with broken ribs, I didn't make them have sex.

Jayden was dead.

How do I getthe Lauren killing Scott, scene? As for Jayden, I deliberately lost the fight in the night club and he died but he kept getting the retirement ending.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?