By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What mobile do you guys own?

dunno001 said:
nordlead said:
dunno001 said:
Wildvine53 said:

I don't have a cell phone, and I don't want one either

Finally! Someone else without a leash! I occasionally wonder if I'm the last person over 10 without a cell phone...

if I didn't own a motorcycle I wouldn't own a cell phone. However, the chance of a flat or running out of gas (or other issues) makes owning a cell a huge benefit.

I'll admit, I've considered one for emergency use only, but I'm not willing to pay the $30/month just for that...

You could always get a paygo phone that allows you to simply pay for the minutes you use..

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
dunno001 said:
nordlead said:
dunno001 said:
Wildvine53 said:

Finally! Someone else without a leash! I occasionally wonder if I'm the last person over 10 without a cell phone...

if I didn't own a motorcycle I wouldn't own a cell phone. However, the chance of a flat or running out of gas (or other issues) makes owning a cell a huge benefit.

I'll admit, I've considered one for emergency use only, but I'm not willing to pay the $30/month just for that...

You can get a pre-paid.

I have an iPhone 3GS and I love it, but I don't see what all the hype is about for playing games on it.........

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Wildvine53 said:
dunno001 said:
Wildvine53 said:

I knew some one else out there didn't like cell phones! Its kind of rediculous, that people feel that I'm missing out on life because I'm not constantly connected to every one else. The worst part is that when I'm hanging out with friends, they text one another instead of just talking, its really stupid

Ugh, don't get me started on that. I remember when my roommates had to go renew their contract and they added texting "for emergencies"... HAH! They send so many texts now that it's not even funny. And there are times I just want to get away from people. Nobody expects me to be home 24/7, so my landline is fine. But once you have a cell phone, people expect to be able to reach you whenever, whereever, for whatever. No. You're not. And to those who say leave it at home, then I'd come back to HOW many messages asking where I am/was? I'd rather not deal with it...

@nordlead: Motorcycles don't have gas gauges? I guess that's my new fact for the day...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

mrstickball said:
dunno001 said:
nordlead said:
dunno001 said:
Wildvine53 said:

You could always get a paygo phone that allows you to simply pay for the minutes you use..

Which has an activation fee, and you still have to pay some sort of fee on a periodic basis, used or not, or they turn the phone off, and you have to pay to activate it again. No thanks...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Samasung Insight

Around the Network
dunno001 said:
Wildvine53 said:
dunno001 said:
Wildvine53 said:

I knew some one else out there didn't like cell phones! Its kind of rediculous, that people feel that I'm missing out on life because I'm not constantly connected to every one else. The worst part is that when I'm hanging out with friends, they text one another instead of just talking, its really stupid

Ugh, don't get me started on that. I remember when my roommates had to go renew their contract and they added texting "for emergencies"... HAH! They send so many texts now that it's not even funny. And there are times I just want to get away from people. Nobody expects me to be home 24/7, so my landline is fine. But once you have a cell phone, people expect to be able to reach you whenever, whereever, for whatever. No. You're not. And to those who say leave it at home, then I'd come back to HOW many messages asking where I am/was? I'd rather not deal with it...

@nordlead: Motorcycles don't have gas gauges? I guess that's my new fact for the day...

Yes, My mom gave me a cell phone 3 years ago, i left it in my car glve box, and I kept getting in trouble because I wasn't responding to her. after about a year, she gave it to my brother. The worst part of Cell Phones is that people who are bored will text my brother or mom and expect them to keep them entertained until they find something better to do. I refuse to be someone's dancing Monkey!

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

iPhone

samsung gravity (SGH-t459)

Nokia 2680 Slide.
Its not amazing, but it gets the job done.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Wildvine53 said:
dunno001 said:
Wildvine53 said:

Whenever I go out without my phone I do feel slightly liberated. Like as someone put not on a leesh.

Sometimes I deliberately wont take it. As for the texting thing that is fecking annoying. Sure reply to a message but don't have a full on text conversation when you are sat opposite me! Is my company not good enough for you you gobshite!!! Conversation not stimulating enough you pilock!!!

I swear if a girl did that on a date I would up and leave while she's distracted with whatever shoes Cindy bought and just had to text everyone about.