By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have lost all interest in discussing videogames apparently...

I joined this site in 2008 because my friend told me a should check it out...I loved the site and I loved the idea of discussing video games with others who loved them as well. Back then all I did was play games with a passion and that was about it. For the past year or so I have been on and off this site only a few times, except for the past week I have been on everyday. I have not played hardly any video games or anything because I think I lost interest for the most part, which is weird because part of my job is about video games. I work and talk to girls, and friends, so that takes up all my time :p... The only thing I have been doing is discussing things in the off topic area of the forums, which was awesome, not so much lately though (all the good topic makers left). I was just wondering if anyone else lost any interest in video games in general as well... I feel like and outcast XD

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Around the Network

Its just time to take a break. You should pack up and leave video games for a while until you etheir miss them or think its time. I'm pretty sure it works

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I rarely play video games any more. When I joined I too played lots of video games, but now I have lost all interest. I sometimes read the video games forums on this site and I barely recognise the names of the games. My brother buys games a lot and I don't recognise many of them. I was shocked when I found out there was an Uncharted 2.

So yeah, I've lost interest in video games, but I've stuck around.

I haven't lost interest in games.. I still read up on them, watch trailers, make expactancies of games in sales etc. but I'm hardly on the game-related sections of the forum anymore, relegating my time mostly to the website section and off-topic.

I find that the games forum is either full of threads announing games and why they are awesome or some way of trolling (in pretty much general.) If there are interesting threads I'm usually in so late that whatever it is I want to say on the subject has already been said...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I lost it yeeeaaarsss ago.. I still buy games, but in the end they are pilling up next to my TV... I spend my free time on my girlfriend and my social life but not on games anymore... Most of the gaming is on my iPhone between travelling for work..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I'm feeling a little 'jaded' myself. Still playing games, but really I find the whole 360 vs PS3 vs Wii getting me down these days. Most talk is negative between people who, at the risk of sounding rude, clearly don't know what the heck their talking about.

Maybe I'll take a break, only check the site occasionally for a while, and get a few of the recent games played before returning.

I just find that instead of discussing creative or interesting aspects of games there is too much competition between what is in the end a bucket of hardware.

Anyway, I doubt you're alone feeling the way you do.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...