By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kratos is such a lame character

Wow i never knew he was the God of flowers and fairies.

Ohh wait hes the faking GOD of WAR in case you don't know, him doing brutal shit every 15 minutes is kinda a given.

Around the Network

Yeah I'm sick of those black guys covered in the ashes of the loved ones that her murdered in a power raged caused by the gods. I mean im so sick of guys whose skin is stained white with his familes ashes, so cliche. Even wosre I hate how his scars actually occur during the game and they are accounted for and explained, im so sick of that happening in games.

Oh yeah that doesnt happen, some dumb jock has a ton of face scars that are never explained, hmm nothing like Kratos.

twesterm said:

Just a few things to make things clear:

1. The last God of War game I played was God of War when it was new.  I am talking about trailers, gifs, pics, ect.  I am saying he isn't interesting in those.
  2. Yes, there are many more uninteresting characters.  I get it.
  3. Yes, this is an opinion.  My first response was aimed more at how stupid it is that I have to explain that this is merely an opinion.  I really don't care if you disagree with me, though I'd love to know why and I'll even try to give counterpoints the best I can as long as you're not a tool.
  4. I think Kratos is lame because they try to just advertise him as so in your face it just makes him boring.  Other iconic characters (Master Chief, Mario, Nathan Drake) can all be broken down just as much, some more than others, but they still find some way to make them interesting even just in trailers.  This isn't the case with Kratos.

well, I see your point but the fact that in GoW1 SPOILER Kratos killed his own wife/daughter SPOILER makes him A LOT MORE INTERESTING AND COMPLEX than a LOT of videogame character and I m hoping that GoW3 will underlign this aspect.

I still consider GoW2 story was shit because Kratos went berserk for close to no reason IMO ... oh wait ... you didnt play GoW2 ...

Time to Work !

letsdance said:
being bad ass is lame?

I guess Gears of War is a lame game.

no, but the Gears and Unreal character design is shittest ones ever made in history ...

big arm, big head, big muscle, big p**** ...

that is lame.

Time to Work !

This thread is flamebait and this clown should be banned. All major franchise characters are lame in their own way, we understand that you cant relate to Kratos' "over"-masculinity....but noone cares, that is your own issue, and solve it w/o starting nonsense.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network
Hus said:

Wow i never knew hes was the God flowers and fairies.

Ohh wait hes the faking GOD of WAR in case you don't know, him doing brutal shit every 15 minutes is kinda a given.

Actually... Ares as the God of War... wasn' doing brutal shit every 15 minus.  Nor Mars or Tyr for that matter.

Mythology Note: The Roman gods differed from the Greek gods, hence the mentioning of Ares vs Mars.  Ares was more of a douche and mars was smarter, though neither was particularly evil or doing "burtal" things. 

Well until Marvel Comics anyway... but their Thor is a blonde.

Kasz216 said:
Hus said:

Actually... Ares as the God of War... wasn' doing brutal shit every 15 minus.  Nor Mars or Tyr for that matter.

Mythology Note: The Roman gods differed from the Greek gods, hence the mentioning of Ares vs Mars.  Ares was more of a douche and mars was smarter, though neither was particularly evil or doing "burtal" things. 

Ares destroying Athens was not brutal shit.

By the way the game is about a soldier that becomes god and fight the freaking Gods of Olympic.

Warring with the Gods might get a bit brutal. 

Hus said:
Kasz216 said:
Hus said:

Ares destroying Athens was not brutal shit.

By the way the game is about a soldier that becomes god and fight the freaking Gods of Olympic.

Warring with the Gods might get a bit brutal. 

Ares.. didn't destroy Athens.

You're confusing the game with reality... well myth in reality.

As for the rest... it's rather meaningless.  Using that the person is the god of war is a bad justification because in Myth, god's of war were actually not brutal at all.

He's doing something brutal every 15 minutes because it's the point of the game.  Male gratifaction fantasy... no more, no less.

Kasz216 said:

Ares.. didn't destroy Athens.

You're confusing the game with reality... well myth in reality.

As for the rest... it's rather meaningless.  Using that the person is the god of war is a bad justification because in Myth, god's of war were actually not brutal at all.

He's doing something brutal every 15 minutes because it's the point of the game.  Male gratifaction fantasy... no more, no less.

Well the premise of the game is what it is, i dont give a shit about how they were looked on in myth.

Maybe the sad op can cry and whine how the next COD is lame caue it has guns shooting every minute. 

Kratos is not lame, this thread is