By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 is almost selling as much Software as the 360!

Twistedpixel said:
Aren't there a bunch of games on demand and also aren't the Arcade titles doing particularly well on the 360? I would suggest that these would account for some of the difference. If even 5% of sales were diverted to these two areas it would make quite a significant difference with the relative userbase levels so close.

Sure, the xbl games are probably doing a lot  better than the PSN given the 360's  consumer base in America of all countries, but keep in mind that the advantage that the 360 has had in weekly software is one that is disappearing, it doesn't have that many advantages over the PS3 left these days.

Around the Network
supercat said:
Twistedpixel said:
Aren't there a bunch of games on demand and also aren't the Arcade titles doing particularly well on the 360? I would suggest that these would account for some of the difference. If even 5% of sales were diverted to these two areas it would make quite a significant difference with the relative userbase levels so close.

Sure, the xbl games are probably doing a lot  better than the PSN given the 360's  consumer base in America of all countries, but keep in mind that the advantage that the 360 has had in weekly software is one that is disappearing, it doesn't have that many advantages over the PS3 left these days.

Xbox 360 owners have the opportunity to buy 30+ titles online instead of going to the shops and the number one accessory for 2009 were Xbox Live points cards. I think its significant. So whilst they may still be buying software how they buy it may have changed. Even if its not tracked here sales are being made.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Twistedpixel said:
supercat said:
Twistedpixel said:

Xbox 360 owners have the opportunity to buy 30+ titles online instead of going to the shops and the number one accessory for 2009 were Xbox Live points cards. I think its significant. So whilst they may still be buying software how they buy it may have changed. Even if its not tracked here sales are being made.

Sure, and i'd say that xbl is the last strong card that the PS3 doesn't also have.  Things were quite different a year ago, right?      

supercat said:
Twistedpixel said:
supercat said:

Sure, and i'd say that xbl is the last strong card that the PS3 doesn't also have.  Things were quite different a year ago, right?      

I don't think games on Demand were available a year ago, though I could have got my timeline wrong. Software sold whether on Xbox Live or from a retailer is still software sold. The difference is that its untrackable here.

Edit: 89 titles available on Games on demand. Thats a significant number of titles.

X360 only has one exclusive so far but its far bigger than MAG, SOIV:International (late port) and WKC combined

Around the Network

That means that the current attach rate of weekly software to respective install base is a fair bit better on PS3.

Wow. o.O

I do not think 360 games on demand have a big impact here. Games there are old, available for cheap on DVD and 360 hard drive space is expensive.

Also Sony got some big games in PSN too, like GT5P or SOCOM. They just do not have special name for this service. Still it does look like Sony have tried to put this games a year ago and was disappointed in sales in do not do it anymore.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

Even if it only represents 2% difference when counting Arcade and Games of Demand when comparing the overall titles its still significant if you're talking about relate differences of around 5-10% in overall software sales.

Didn't the PS3 sell more SW last week... or, was it the week before last? Either way very impressive considering that there is around 5.7 million more 360's!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

hum hum hum wait natal plz

Time to Work !