By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 is almost selling as much Software as the 360!

For several weeks now, the PS3 has been almost neck in neck with the 360's WW software sales.     For example, we have the PS3 selling

1,851,606 software units wtih the 360 selling 1,871,300 ; almost the same.

As the PS3 continues to overshadow the 360 in the hardware department, the PS3 will eventually overtake the 360 with software. 

I'd definitely agree that 2010 is  going to be the year of the PS3. 

Any thoughts?

Around the Network

is 2011 also the year of the ps3? and the year after that too right?

No surprise since they got about 15% install base difference

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

NoPantsHoSlappa said:
is 2011 also the year of the ps3? and the year after that too right?

I would think so

this is actually more impressive for PS3 despite a little difference and higher weekly sales.. software sold in a week depends on total install base, not a weekly hadware sales number..

that said I don't think the PS3 will take over 360s total software number.. its to big

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

God of War will change this.

It's hard to say because no ps3 game sell like Halo. Maybe Gt5 has a chance this year.

Aren't there a bunch of games on demand and also aren't the Arcade titles doing particularly well on the 360? I would suggest that these would account for some of the difference. If even 5% of sales were diverted to these two areas it would make quite a significant difference with the relative userbase levels so close.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

halo=gameO_o

gamelover2000 said:
this is actually more impressive for PS3 despite a little difference and higher weekly sales.. software sold in a week depends on total install base, not a weekly hadware sales number..

that said I don't think the PS3 will take over 360s total software number.. its to big

but the PS3 still has about 4 million to go with the total install base, yet it is neck and neck w/ the 360.     So, if you are only looking at install base the PS3 is doing better than you would expect all things considered.