By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tretton: "we are in the first 25% to 30% of this generation"

Garnett said:
wholikeswood said:
Xbbjf9s said:
What does he mean "not homegrown"?

He means Natal wasn't conceived by Microsoft out of the blue.

Rather, that they saw Eyetoy and built on the concept from there.

Actually no, they bought it from someone ( a company i forgot what there called) and just put the name natal on it and are improving it.its not like Nintendo had Natal and MS copied them and slightly changed the shape of it.

They bought it from an Israeli company called "Prime Sense" and then bought another Israeli company called 3DV that specialized in that technology just to dismantle them so Sony or Nintendo won't buy them

I know a lot of the work on Natal is been done in Microsoft Israel

Around the Network

not going to point at anybody specifically... but some of you don't own your consoles, your console bias owns you...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

This sounds like wishful thinking.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Tretton is in a dream world. Hes still acting as if Sony still calls the shots in this generation. If he can take advantage of the road paved by Nintendo for motion controls then Nintendo can take advantage of the road paved with Sonys blood and release a fast system.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

gurglesletch said:
Dampfi said:
Carl2291 said:
So, both Sony and Microsoft want the generation to last for a long time.

Great news!

In theory, this sounds great, but at the end of the day, it is on the customer to decide.

Not really. The customer cannot force them to make a next gen console.

Well, we know that all of the big 3 are working on new consoles and if people do not buy the old ones anymore, they have to release new consoles earlier than they want (I know there is still a lot of space for price cuts for PS3/360/Wii), unless they are not interested in making money (I know that´s a bit exaggerated but still, they kind of "have to")

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
25% to 30% lol... good one Jack.... this is the best yet.

the 360 came out in Nov 2005. 4.5 years ago... now lets see....

so that means this gen will last between 13.5 (30% through) and 18 years (25% through)

or

until 2018 or 2023 !!!!????

snigger.

Hes talking about where the PS3 is sitting in this generation (PS3 release 3 years and half ago, makes it 11 years to 14 years).

joeorc said:
Neoraf said:
LOL at Tretton!
This gen started in 2005, we're in 2010.

So 5 years = 25% (according to Mr. Sony)
This gen would last 20 years total???? LOL

Funnt guy...
I want NEXT GENERATION NOW. Not in 15 years.

he was talking about the PS3 being 3 years old in the market that's 30%

the xbox would be 40%

Im glad somoene else decided to take sometime reading it instead of trolling.

Neoraf said:
joeorc said:
Neoraf said:
LOL at Tretton!
This gen started in 2005, we're in 2010.

So 5 years = 25% (according to Mr. Sony)
This gen would last 20 years total???? LOL

Funnt guy...
I want NEXT GENERATION NOW. Not in 15 years.

he was talking about the PS3 being 3 years old in the market that's 30%

the xbox would be 40%

Ok, so Sony doesn't even know when this generation started? Weird...
That's what I understand when they say: "we are in the first 25% to 30% of this generation"

I'm gaming into this gen since 2005.

Anyway, I'm ready for Next-Gen.
I want Microsoft to release their next console ASAP.

Make it 449$, every adult gamer who got a career like me (read: who doesn't mind spending cash in the medium he loves) will buy it. Imagine a minimum of 1080p, 4xAA, 60fps for EVERY GAME!!!
Xbox360 and Playstation3 would look obsolete.

Why I only mention Microsoft? Because Sony cannot afford to ditch PS3 and start again with PS4 at the moment. Microsoft however is in the right spot, even if the Xbox360 has the same power as the PS3, it is lacking in the "Game Disc Data Storage" area.
Microsoft could start next-gen soon. It would blow minds!!!

Here we go : "I think people talk about where we are in this generation. I think there's an appreciation right now, and I can validate that we are in the first 25% to 30% of this generation."

Twistedpixel said:
Tretton is in a dream world. Hes still acting as if Sony still calls the shots in this generation. If he can take advantage of the road paved by Nintendo for motion controls then Nintendo can take advantage of the road paved with Sonys blood and release a fast system.

I understand that you dislike or that you prefer another console or company. But this PR is very good, hes very honest, he explain what Sony is aiming for, and why they choose to do this instead of that. Hes also very factual, doesnt talk much about the other companies and doesnt try to say thing in a way it would make them look better than the reality. For those reason im wandering why you thought hes talking as if they call shots. Would you care explaining further your point of view?

Icyedge said:
Twistedpixel said:

I understand that you dislike or that you prefer another console or company. But this PR is very good, hes very honest, he explain what Sony is aiming for, and why they choose to do this instead of that. Hes also very factual, doesnt talk much about the other companies and doesnt try to say thing in a way it would make them look better than the reality. For those reason im wandering why you thought hes talking as if they call shots. Would you care explaining further your point of view?

25-30% done? I think not. Hes still talking as if Sony's supposed 10 year plan is the ruling force in the industry. If I never hear it again I'll be happier.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?