By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Atlus announces upcoming 360 games.

Carlos you made me laugh to myself. That hasn't happened in a long time. Thanks.

Around the Network

Carlos, crazy thing is, worldwide......

Fable 2 alone will most likely outsell each and every Wii RPG you've named in 08 :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

carlos710 said:
Ari_Gold said:

umm....50 % more rpgs... 2 new rpgs a week... you still on fantasy land? yes, the 360 has been out for 1 more year, but it still doens't change the fact that the 360 is console with the most RPGS and the best ones so far.

i'll just mention360 rpgs whch are way better than the wii lineup

Lost Odyseey

Blue Dragon

Eternal Sonata

Mass Effect

Oblivion

Fable 2

Operation Darkness

Spectral Souls 3

Magna Carta 2

infinite undescovery

last remnant

kingdom under fire: circle of doom

Fallout 3

How does listing a bunch of average, already released games changes the fact that the Wii is going to have way more RPGs in 2008 ?

And i see in your sig that you are going to buy a Wii soon, i don't understand why it hurts you so much that the Wii is going to have a lot of RPG games.

Like i said, i would bet on this, but i don't see any point on making a bet that i won't win until 2008 ends.

And fire emblem/super paper mario are really good RPGs for the Wii right now.

ummm... why would it hurt me? i'm not a fanboy like you... youre the one in denial.... the 360 has a better rpg lineup. the 360 rpgs are not average, Square-Enix, Bioware, Atlus, Lionhead, Mistwalker, Namco... every third-party developer is supporting the 360. play them first before you judge them. i could state that you listed a bunch of average games for the wii, but i have no proof cause i haven't played them. 

yeah, fire emblem and super paper mario are the only good/decent rpgs on the Wii right now, even though super paper mario is more of a platformer, i'll buy them tomorrow at the buy 2 get 1 free sale at toys are us.

the only wii rpgs i'm lookin forward for wii is baten kaitos 3, and Oboro muramasa (if it gets to the states), and tales of symphonia 2

DS has the best RPG lineup for HANDHELDS... but not that far from the PSP. both systems complement each other very nicely. 

Lost tears of Kain said:

Try some quality RPGS, the two FF games (cronicles?)? FF killer? wtf?

Carlos........

Only 3 or 4 of the games on aris list are released. The rest are 08. That and ari is missing some.

Again Quality rpgs

And that doesn't have anything to do with what i said. I just said that the Wii is going to have way more RPGs (at least 50%) released in 2008 than the xbox 360.

You think that upcoming RPGs for the 360 are good. I think that upcoming RPGs for the wii are good. To each his own, and if you don't want to believe me (about the Wii having more RPGs released in 08) we will just need to wait 1 year before we know who was right. 

mrstickball:

And wii play/mario party may outsell most games on the 360, including Fable. Once again i don't see why that matters at all.

I don't care if king's story sells well. I know that im going to play the game (and plenty of others Wii RPG games coming in 08) and i'm happy enough with that. If you care so much about sales perhaps you should buy a Wii given his excellent sales :)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Ari_Gold said:

ummm... why would it hurt me? i'm not a fanboy like you... youre the one in denial.... the 360 has a better rpg lineup. the 360 rpgs are not average, Square-Enix, Bioware, Atlus, Lionhead, Mistwalker, Namco... every third-party developer is supporting the 360. play them first before you judge them. 

In case you didn't read, i said in one of my posts that the 360 has more RPGs out at the moment. Actually, it has more games out in almost every genre like i said, thanks to his 1 year advantage.

However, that has no effect in the games coming out in 2008. In 2008 we will see which platform gets more RPGs, and i bet it will be the Wii.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Carlos -

The reason I said that is for every single RPG you've mentioned coming out for the Wii, I don't see one that'll sell over 1 million units.

The Wii RPGs, thus far, lack any sort of quality. Exactly what one is going to be huge? Pokemon is first party, and hasn't sold well on consoles since day one. Final Fantasty Spinoffs never do awesome, and the rest might end up like Dragon Fable or Zack & Wiki.

Half of the X360 RPGs are mediocre like the Wii titles, but then you have Fable, Fallout, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, and Last Remnant that will most likely do well.

And yet again: whats the Wii's biggest RPG that it's snagged so far? I can't name one. The DS certainly has had alot of succuess, but that's not the Wii.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Seriously... why are action RPGs and Regular RPGS and Strategy RPGS lumped together on this site?

Action RPGS have more in common with Zelda games then they do "normal" RPGs.

carlos710 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Try some quality RPGS, the two FF games (cronicles?)? FF killer? wtf?

Carlos........

Only 3 or 4 of the games on aris list are released. The rest are 08. That and ari is missing some.

Again Quality rpgs

And that doesn't have anything to do with what i said. I just said that the Wii is going to have way more RPGs (at least 50%) released in 2008 than the xbox 360.

You think that upcoming RPGs for the 360 are good. I think that upcoming RPGs for the wii are good. To each his own, and if you don't want to believe me (about the Wii having more RPGs released in 08) we will just need to wait 1 year before we know who was right. 

mrstickball:

And wii play/mario party may outsell most games on the 360, including Fable. Once again i don't see why that matters at all.

I don't care if king's story sells well. I know that im going to play the game (and plenty of others Wii RPG games coming in 08) and i'm happy enough with that. If you care so much about sales perhaps you should buy a Wii given his excellent sales :)

Quanity doesnt make the wii the rpg king, if we go by what you are saying the 360 is still king, for all catagorys wii may be winning, but quanity doesnt equal king.

Quality by that we mean, system sellers, games that just stand out, games that are critically acclaimed, games that are developed by well known companys

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

cause they have have RPG letters? ^^ lol

Kasz216 said:
Seriously... why are action RPGs and Regular RPGS and Strategy RPGS lumped together on this site?

Action RPGS have more in common with Zelda games then they do "normal" RPGs.

Do you mean western rpgs, Strategy rpgs, and Japanese rpgs?

They are all in the RPG catagory

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.