By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Atlus announces upcoming 360 games.

carlos710 said:
Carazo said:
They going to get some good RPG's, but it's obvious that the PS3 is going to have the best RPG's.

Actually, is obvious that the Wii is going to have the most and best RPG's by mid to late '08, it only needs a few more months. The wii is by far the best selling console on Japan, every small and big RPG developer in Japan is going to put their work on the Wii. Only question is how many of those JRPGs are going to come to America...

Wii = RPG pwnage.

denial is a river in africa

Around the Network

Carlos -

Your just as bad, or worse than him. You make up all kinds of games to be "unconfirmed" coming to the Wii. That's just a freaking joke. You have as much insight as Carazo does.

We can argue which one will have the best, based on future possible IPs. Nevertheless, when it comes to confirmed new deals, and current RPGs, the X360 is vastly ahead of both the Wii and PS3. We already have more RPGs out than the Wii and PS3 combined, and doubled, and just as many coming out next year as both combined.

Therefore you should just leave and go back to your fantasyland.

And why is it that so many people that are so pro-Wii and pro-PS3 troll the X360 forums?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

not many like the 360 ^^ :(

Ari_Gold said:
Garcian Smith said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Garcian Smith said:
Atlus? On MY 360??

Seriously, this is excellent news. Atlus seems to love to tinker with the console RPG genre, such that everything they put out is at least a little off-the-wall. (Unlike a certain nameless developer whose name begins with S and ends with x, who seems content to shovel out generic menu-based crap ever since a certain game of theirs became a megahit back in the Playstation 1 days...)

At any rate, even if an Atlus game isn't perfect, it's usually guaranteed to be entertaining, at the very least. Here's hoping that these games come out well - and make it Stateside. (Which I'd imagine they will, as Atlus USA is growing as a publisher.)

That might make sense if Atlus actually made half of those games. I don't really understand how people can go berserk on SE for putting out a successful series but hugging Atlus for not making any of its own.

That said people shouldn't get too giddy, this isn't the "360 RPG explosion" that's being touted in this thread. Like I said before, Atlus didn't make these games, they were made (and released) by other Japanese developers, the localization is the beggining and end of Atlus's influence. These games have been out in Japan. In the case of Spectral Force 3, that came out in 2006. So Atlus "support" revolves around how many smaller Japanese developers keep putting out games like this so they can bring them over. If they stop, then so does Atlus's "support."

Actually, Atlus' in-house development studio makes the Shin Megami Tensei games and their spinoffs (Persona, Maken X). They've also created several other IPs, though few of them have made it across the Pacific. Kartia on the PS1 is a good example of a quality title that has.

And even if Atlus USA does a lot of publishing work for other development houses' titles, they should still be commended for doing a damn good job of it. From the PS2 generation onward, they've done excellent translations and hired quality voicework on niche Japanese games that would have never made it outside of their native country otherwise.

And besides, when was the last time that S-E did anything innovative anyway? No, FF12's "this game can play itself" system doesn't count.

damn right son.. Atlus > Square-enix 

By a LARGE margin.  Though that's a pointless arguement for fanboys since despite 360 getting some SRPG love, Atlus biggest regular RPG titles are headed for PS3.

For wii to even come close to being the best RPG maker it'd probably need some Atlus RPG support... which as far as I know it hasn't gotten yet.  Atlus perfering to put their "new style" games on it.

The Wii could have a shot with SRPGs.   With Fire Emblem being better then Disgaea 3 unless they overhaul the disgaea combat and exp system... and overhauling isn't exactly what Nippon Ichi does, since all of his games are very similar.  I'll still get it... but just for one playthrough.

However these two new SRPGS for the 360 are very promising... since Atlus is pretty much has set the bar for RPG quality and I can't see them bringing worse SRPGS to the states then Disgaea 3 unless the story is really good. (Just like they did with Disgaea.)

Either way, Atlus SRPG and RPG games are must owns for me.

mrstickball said:
Carlos -

Your just as bad, or worse than him. You make up all kinds of games to be "unconfirmed" coming to the Wii. That's just a freaking joke. You have as much insight as Carazo does.

We can argue which one will have the best, based on future possible IPs. Nevertheless, when it comes to confirmed new deals, and current RPGs, the X360 is vastly ahead of both the Wii and PS3. We already have more RPGs out than the Wii and PS3 combined, and doubled, and just as many coming out next year as both combined.

And why is it that so many people that are so pro-Wii and pro-PS3 troll the X360 forums?

Or you are even worst, is not like the 360 came out yesterday is it? With a 1 year advantage i would guess it has more games on almost every genre at the moment.

Why don't you read the Famitsu magazine for once ? Every month there is on average 2 new RPGs announced for the Wii. Just go and read the magazine every tuesday/wednesday.

I would bet that the Wii is going to have at least 50% more RPGs released than the xbox on 2008. However i don't like to make bets on things that are so far away

It seems like you are the one in a fantasy land and your only argument is "but the xbox 360 has a 1 year advantage and it has more RPGs now!"

Im glad that you liked blue dragon. I will enjoy Monster Hunter 3, ToS 2, the two final fantasy games, the FF killer, Oboro muramasa, Pokemon RPG games, Chocobo's Mysterious dungeon, King's story etc

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Carlos -

Thank god! Someone finally saw how evil carlos is.

On topic: Im very happy that such a great game is being released to nexgen, sucks that the 360 gets it only.

mM
carlos710 said:
mrstickball said:
Carlos -

Or you are even worst, is not like the 360 came out yesterday is it? With a 1 year advantage i would guess it has more games on almost every genre at the moment.

Why don't you read the Famitsu magazine for once ? Every month there is on average 2 new RPGs announced for the Wii. Just go and read the magazine every tuesday/wednesday.

I would bet that the Wii is going to have at least 50% more RPGs released than the xbox on 2008. However i don't like to make bets on things that are so far away

It seems like you are the one in a fantasy land and your only argument is "but the xbox 360 has a 1 year advantage and it has more RPGs now!"

Im glad that you liked blue dragon. I will enjoy Monster Hunter 3, ToS 2, the two final fantasy games, the FF killer, Oboro muramasa, Pokemon RPG games, Chocobo's Mysterious dungeon, King's story etc

umm....50 % more rpgs... 2 new rpgs a week... you still on fantasy land? yes, the 360 has been out for 1 more year, but it still doens't change the fact that the 360 is console with the most RPGS and the best ones so far.  

i'll just mention360 rpgs whch are way better than the wii lineup 

Lost Odyseey

Blue Dragon

Eternal Sonata

Mass Effect

Oblivion

Fable 2

Operation Darkness 

Spectral Souls 3

Magna Carta 2

infinite undescovery

last remnant 

kingdom under fire: circle of doom 

Fallout 3 

Ari_Gold said:

umm....50 % more rpgs... 2 new rpgs a week... you still on fantasy land? yes, the 360 has been out for 1 more year, but it still doens't change the fact that the 360 is console with the most RPGS and the best ones so far.

i'll just mention360 rpgs whch are way better than the wii lineup

Lost Odyseey

Blue Dragon

Eternal Sonata

Mass Effect

Oblivion

Fable 2

Operation Darkness

Spectral Souls 3

Magna Carta 2

infinite undescovery

last remnant

kingdom under fire: circle of doom

Fallout 3

How does listing a bunch of average, already released games changes the fact that the Wii is going to have way more RPGs in 2008 ?

And i see in your sig that you are going to buy a Wii soon, i don't understand why it hurts you so much that the Wii is going to have a lot of RPG games.

Like i said, i would bet on this, but i don't see any point on making a bet that i won't win until 2008 ends. 

And fire emblem/super paper mario are really good RPGs for the Wii right now.

And the DS is the RPG king at the moment to be honest... and it should stay like that for a long time.

carlos710 said:
mrstickball said:
Carlos -

Try some quality RPGS, the two FF games (cronicles?)? FF killer? wtf?

Carlos........

Only 3 or 4 of the games on aris list are released. The rest are 08. That and ari is missing some.\

Again Quality rpgs

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.