By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that Nintendo is publishing Dragon Quest IX, are you interested in it?

Now that Nintendo is publishing Dragon Quest IX, are you interested in it?

Yes 51 66.23%

Nah 16 20.78%

I want it even less now! 4 5.19%

What's Dragon Quest? 6 7.79%

Total:77

So, per Nintendo's big Media summit, amongst all the big names like Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M, another big title was named.  But its not as big outside of Japan.  But Nintendo is looking to fix that, yet again.  Flashback to 1989, and Nintendo published a little game called Dragon Quest to America.  However, they had to rename it, give it a new cover art and even give many of the games away as a promotional stunt to try to make it popular.  It worked, but when it came time to release the sequel....all marketing support from Nintendo seemed to vanish.  And with it, the publics interest in the series.

Warp back to the present and we're in the same boat.  The series has its original name back and many more games have been released, but still the series has hardly made a foothold in America.  Nintendo seems to be wanting to make up for its mistakes and is set to publish and market the series in America.  At a time when the RPG market couldn't be more fierce and even some of the most popular JRPGs from Japan and loosing their foothold.

With that in mind, this is where I ask you.  Some of you may not know the series Dragon Quest and some of you might.  But with last years Mega-Hit from Japan coming to America this summer, Dragon Quest IX, are some of you more interested because Nintendo will be hyping and publishing it, or less inclined to care?  Or do you just not even know what the series is?

For those who need a refresher of what this title is, here's a preview video:

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

Of course, loved DQ V now bring me DQ IX.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

I am not a fan of turnbased games so i am not interested in this game

Was already not sure why Ninty publishing it makes that big of a difference from Square doing it.

I have always been interested in DQIX. The DQ series has been one of my favorite and most played on the Gameboy and GBA along with the Pokemon games.

Around the Network

Hmm... the poll options seem a little lopsided to me. I get the yes/no, but what about those of us who were interested before Nintendo announced distro? I still voted yes, though I feel as though the wording indicates that Nintendo's involvement increased my interest, which isn't true.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

dunno001 said:
Hmm... the poll options seem a little lopsided to me. I get the yes/no, but what about those of us who were interested before Nintendo announced distro? I still voted yes, though I feel as though the wording indicates that Nintendo's involvement increased my interest, which isn't true.

Aye, I'm in the same boat. Nintendo publishing it doesn't change my interest in playing it, personally.

However, I am more interested in how it'll end up selling. That isn't really the topic, though...

With this anouncment I wonder if DQIX will be able to outsell FFXIII worldwide. It's sure a first day sale for me btw.

Put mildly, I'm not a fan of DQ. But who knows, all of this might change, and this might even be the game to do so.

Actually no. Sorry, I'm not a huge Dragon Quest fan.

Pixel Art can be fun.