By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New ps3 tv ads... 1st tv ad for.. MGS4

Lost tears of Kain said:
makingmusic476 said:
sinha said:
makingmusic476 said:
sinha said:
makingmusic476 said:

And Haze is now confirmed exclusive, from the looks of it.

How so? Where is this confirmed?

It the bottom left hand corner during the game video clips, it provides information about the game - the name of the game, the publisher, and (if the game is not out yet) the words "coming soon". However, on the exclusive titles (MGS4 and Haze) it also adds the word "exclusive" in the bottom left.

And how do you know it's not a timed exclusive but a real exclusive that is not coming to the 360 at all?

It said exclusive. Two months ago, Ubisoft said the 360 and PC versios had been dropped.

You may have your doubts, but the only evidence that exists points towards exclusivity. 

It was the same with eternal sonota, no?

Exclustivity means nothing now days. Sony themselves stated it was a timed, unless of course SONY is wrong as well

Where did you get the info. Link?

I'll take the case!!!

Around the Network

GameDaily November 16, 2007 

Sony Chairman Howard Stringer:

Although the trend for the last year has been for publisher to create Xbox 360 SKUs and then port to PS3, Sony claims this is now starting to reverse: "Developers are now creating games on PS3 and then porting them to other platforms. This shows the strides developers are making in creating content for PS3 and also provides developers with an advantage as it's harder to port from Xbox 360 to PS3. Ubisoft's Haze is the first title to be created on PS3 and ported to Xbox."

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Onimusha12 said:
The Ps3 will have a hard time steeling back the Hardcore crowd from the 360. The 360's current momentum is terrifying especially with its killer line up. It will be very interesting though to see PS3 sales these holidays with the new SKU and commercials.

Next year will make or break the ps3. A slate of quality games (including some which I suspect are currently unannounced) is the only thing that will improve Sony's current position. Sometime next year you can begin drawing conclusions about the fate of the ps3. Right now it isn't as clear as some people would like to believe. Don't think they'll go down without a fight.

it's clear to me that while the xbox 360 has some very high quality games and quality online, (even if microsoft nickel and dimes you to death in the process) it lacks the variety of games that has long defined the playstation brand. I assume the "killer line up" consists of Halo 3, Bioshock, Orange Box and Mass Effect? Out of those 4 games, only one (Mass Effect) won't make it to the pc at some point and only one (Mass Effect) isn't a FPS.

Oh and people, stop hyping Haze. You'll thank me later.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
Onimusha12 said:
The Ps3 will have a hard time steeling back the Hardcore crowd from the 360. The 360's current momentum is terrifying especially with its killer line up. It will be very interesting though to see PS3 sales these holidays with the new SKU and commercials.

Next year will make or break the ps3. A slate of quality games (including some which I suspect are currently unannounced) is the only thing that will improve Sony's current position. Sometime next year you can begin drawing conclusions about the fate of the ps3. Right now it isn't as clear as some people would like to believe. Don't think they'll go down without a fight.

it's clear to me that while the xbox 360 has some very high quality games and quality online, (even if microsoft nickel and dimes you to death in the process) it lacks the variety of games that has long defined the playstation brand. I assume the "killer line up" consists of Halo 3, Bioshock, Orange Box and Mass Effect? Out of those 4 games, only one (Mass Effect) won't make it to the pc at some point and only one (Mass Effect) isn't a FPS.

Who's hyping Haze? The game should be good but it won't be great.

I'll take the case!!!

ameratsu said:
Onimusha12 said:

Yes, next year is the deciding year.

Weve gone through this i dont know how many times on the forums, while shooters do sell the best and are constantly the highest rated, 360 has alot of great diverse games. Maybe they are all shooters this year, take a look next year. Only a few select shooters are being hyped, the rest are non FPS (fable 2, NG 2, Banjo, Lost Odyssey, etc)

Name any genre and i can probably name a few great games to go with it.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.