By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor : "Xbox 720 will be compatible 3D, not 360"

WilliamWatts said:
Icyedge said:
WilliamWatts said:

Online was very mediocre last generation however it reached maturity this generation. This generation will have a mediocre 3D experience but it will reach maturity next generation. Is that clearer? I was saying that just because its introduced now won't mean it'll be any good until next time around.

Are you advancing that it is the low number of titles that will deliver a mediocre 3D experience? If yes, I agree with you, it will be a slow start. Not sure mediocre is the right word tho. If not, you cant really compare online and 3D, online is always changing. Each days, each months, each years... But the 3D tech that is there on PC and coming on console will still be unchange in 5 years. The experience is far from being mediocre, LCD shutter glasses at 60 Hz per eyes will remain the highest quality 3D until we have glassless 3D.

Im talking about proper feature support, native 3D games, HD 3D display (rather than low resolution). We're there with movies however the current generation consoles were not built for 3D and they lack the performance to implement it properly. 3D can be done but not without major sacrafices for performance and resolution, next generation they can implement 3D much more efficiently and without the performance hit.

You know that theres already game in development that is 3D native and 720P.  Super stardust HD 3D should release with the 3D firmware, the development is almost finish. So it will not be mediocre 3D. But yes, theres performance issue, so I dont think will get to enjoy the big release in HD native 3D. The 3D HD titles will probably be PSN only title, but I still think mediocre is not the good word. The few games that will use it will do it well. Anyway im sure you get my point and I also understand yours.

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
WilliamWatts said:

Im talking about proper feature support, native 3D games, HD 3D display (rather than low resolution). We're there with movies however the current generation consoles were not built for 3D and they lack the performance to implement it properly. 3D can be done but not without major sacrafices for performance and resolution, next generation they can implement 3D much more efficiently and without the performance hit.

You know that theres already game in development that is 3D native and 720P.  Super stardust HD 3D should release with the 3D firmware, the development is almost finish. So it will not be mediocre 3D. But yes, theres performance issue, so I dont think will get to enjoy the big release in HD native 3D. The 3D HD titles will probably be PSN only title, but I still think mediocre is not the good word. The few games that will use it will do it well. Anyway im sure you get my point and I also understand yours.

For consoles Halo 2 was the hallmark game for online and for this generation the hallmark game for 3D will be Gran Turismo 5 as it has both the resolution and frame-rate to give an excellent 3D experience. It will probably be the premiere 3D game for consoles until such time as a new generation arrives with 3D accomodated out of the box. Barring Microsoft pulling a Wii2 Me2 move with Natal and updating their graphics hardware this year it will probably remain the premiere 3D game for the next 2-4 years depending on the ETA and designs of the next generation consoles which arrive first. Unfortunately Gran Turismo 5 will probably stand alone as one of the few great 3D console experiences as Sony seems more intent on pushing Arc than 3D for the moment.

It will be interesting on which media will be used for games in 720. Blu-ray?? DVD ??? Digital downloads only or something we dont know about.

True 3D coming up that soon? I think even 4-5 yrs might be optimistic. If MS neXus comes out in 2 and lasts 5 or 6 it would need the capablility though. No way they'll pay Sony for B-Ray.

Doesn't 720 give the impression of spinning in circles? There must be something better.

Nexbox, XXX (no that wouldn't work), X3D, X-Calibre, X-iom, Xpress (yoself), aXe (shaped like a strat), AXXS (no thanks Adolph), Code X, X-dream (machine), X3M ahhh I got nothin. Sorry off topic.