By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor : "Xbox 720 will be compatible 3D, not 360"

WilliamWatts said:
3D is to this generation what online was to the previous and current. It'll take another generation before it can be implemented well and it'll probably take about 4-5 years from now before it really takes off on consoles. Getting there first doesn't ensure success in the next generation though, but it does help.

This gen it wont do much on consoles, PC's might be a different story, but next gen and 4-5 years like you say who knows. I'm excited for it I just wish MS would allow nVidia to bring out drivers so 3Dvision could be used on the 360. Even if it just for Avatar.

I hope the 720 has support for 3dvision.

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
WilliamWatts said:
3D is to this generation what online was to the previous and current. It'll take another generation before it can be implemented well and it'll probably take about 4-5 years from now before it really takes off on consoles. Getting there first doesn't ensure success in the next generation though, but it does help.

This gen it wont do much on consoles, PC's might be a different story, but next gen and 4-5 years like you say who knows. I'm excited for it I just wish MS would allow nVidia to bring out drivers so 3Dvision could be used on the 360. Even if it just for Avatar.

Probably does! I suspect that the nextbox may very well be Nvidia due to better compute (Cuda) and 3D vision.

Though im sure in vgchartz we'll have threads in 6 months which will either be:

• Best 3D, excluding PC.
  • Best graphics, again excluding PC.
  • Best interface implementation/support, excluding Wii.
  • Best sales excluding Wii.

WilliamWatts said:

Are you trying to say online gaming is not "big" for this gen or are you only referring to the wii? serious question, no trolling.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Are you trying to say online gaming is not "big" for this gen or are you only referring to the wii? serious question, no trolling.

Online was very mediocre last generation however it reached maturity this generation. This generation will have a mediocre 3D experience but it will reach maturity next generation. Is that clearer? I was saying that just because its introduced now won't mean it'll be any good until next time around.

WilliamWatts said:
Lord Flashheart said:
WilliamWatts said:

Probably does! I suspect that the nextbox may very well be Nvidia due to better compute (Cuda) and 3D vision.

Though im sure in vgchartz we'll have threads in 6 months which will either be:

• Best 3D, excluding PC.
  • Best graphics, again excluding PC.
  • Best interface implementation/support, excluding Wii.
  • Best sales excluding Wii.

That made me laugh

because it's true.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
funny, I played Avatar on 360 in perfect stereoscopic 3D few months ago.

Well disolitude is right. Actually there even 2 3D titles on xbox, avatar and legend of han tao. Dont know why they are saying it cant, maybe they are talking about movies?

Icyedge said:
disolitude said:

Well disolitude is right. Actually there even 2 3D titles on xbox, avatar and legend of han tao. Dont know why they are saying it cant, maybe they are talking about movies?

Maybe lack of knowledge. MS have said that they don't care for 3D this gen and there was an article saying that the 360 couldn't do 1080p at 120fps also it has HDMI 1.2 and 3D blu-ray needs at least 1.3 so maybe they took all this to mean the 360 is incapable of 3D.

Ignoring that it already does 3D.

WilliamWatts said:
DirtyP2002 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Online was very mediocre last generation however it reached maturity this generation. This generation will have a mediocre 3D experience but it will reach maturity next generation. Is that clearer? I was saying that just because its introduced now won't mean it'll be any good until next time around.

Are you advancing that it is the low number of titles that will deliver a mediocre 3D experience? If yes, I agree with you, it will be a slow start. Not sure mediocre is the right word tho. If not, you cant really compare online and 3D, online is always changing. Each days, each months, each years... But the 3D tech that is there on PC and coming on console will still be unchange in 5 years. The experience is far from being mediocre, LCD shutter glasses at 60 Hz per eyes will remain the highest quality 3D until we have glassless 3D.

Lord Flashheart said:
Icyedge said:
disolitude said:

Maybe lack of knowledge. MS have said that they don't care for 3D this gen and there was an article saying that the 360 couldn't do 1080p at 120fps also it has HDMI 1.2 and 3D blu-ray needs at least 1.3 so maybe they took all this to mean the 360 is incapable of 3D.

Ignoring that it already does 3D.

I wander sometime how professional journalist can be biase like that. Its not because a TV manufacturer tells you that 360 have no 3D content, thats it is really the case. Glad those journalist are not in the police lol.

Icyedge said:
WilliamWatts said:

Are you advancing that it is the low number of titles that will deliver a mediocre 3D experience? If yes, I agree with you, it will be a slow start. Not sure mediocre is the right word tho. If not, you cant really compare online and 3D, online is always changing. Each days, each months, each years... But the 3D tech that is there on PC and coming on console will still be unchange in 5 years. The experience is far from being mediocre, LCD shutter glasses at 60 Hz per eyes will remain the highest quality 3D until we have glassless 3D.

Im talking about proper feature support, native 3D games, HD 3D display (rather than low resolution). We're there with movies however the current generation consoles were not built for 3D and they lack the performance to implement it properly. 3D can be done but not without major sacrafices for performance and resolution, next generation they can implement 3D much more efficiently and without the performance hit.