By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii and GC games with better visuals than Resident Evil 4

hmm now wonder why wiigames ain't selling o'well maybe 3rd parties will start making good looking wii games someday just imagine if they re-did RE4 on wii making the whole game twice as much as the gamecube version then you'd get to see what the wii can do although I think I got a good Idea with my original xbox games and THEY LOOK GOOD EVEN VS PS3 GAMES, the original xbox was a decade ahead of its time as a matter a fact "far cry revolution" on my original xbox REALLY NO BULLSHIT LOOKS BETTER THEN EVERY PS3 GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN PERIOD HANDSDOWN.............. plus I could mention a few more since I have like a whole bookshelf full of original xbox games but since I am nearly 100% sure everyone on this whole website previosly owned a ps2 and has no Idea how strong the original xbox was and the wii I guess can do just about as much and what ppl don't realise is that, that isn't saying a little thats saying ALOT............. sad wii IS a powerful console to bad the games are not powerful software.............

Around the Network

from what Ive seen out of redsteel2 vs farcry revolution............ well faycry on my old big black xbox looks alot better "honestly" so just remember the wii can do alot more then redsteel2 by FAR............

In terms of raw numbers, quite a lot. I'll just name some third party games off the top of my head.

Even though art direction in The Conduit is unremarkable, the polygon count, texturing (the texture resolution is higher, perhaps too high as they look flat when not up close), and effects are well above RE4. But so far The Grinder looks to have both the numbers and the art direction.

Crystal Bearers also has better numbers, and its levels even have the numbers reduced to accommodate streaming.

Monster Hunter 3 from all the videos, same with Modern Warfare.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I never understood why people lump design style as graphical capabilities? Mario Galaxy had very low graphical output with high style.

Then again I guess this is Video Gamers forum, not a Video Games developement forum. I should just take a chill pill.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

endless ocean had good grafix, fzero on gamecube was a looker, also was the orig resident evil remake.

actually quite a lot of good looking gamecube games, the 2 star wars looked amazing

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Hunter-121 said:

Found this Conduit picture but I can´t remember that the actual game looked this nice even a single time.

No it looked a hell of a lot better than that, that's a poor picture of it.

I do agree it is not a great looking game though.

"I never understood why people lump design style as graphical capabilities?"

Probably because they can't see the actual numbers running without using some tricks, so they just assume one equals the other.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Super Mario Galaxy.

IMO.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Hunter-121 said:

@J.U.N.O

In my opinion SFA wasn´t that bad and the water effects were breathtaking.

Actually I enjoyed it a lot. I'ts just not a good, traditional Star Fox game. The water effects amazed me, even some games today dont manage to look like it. Also the details in Fox's face and tail hairs were pretty good too.

Hunter-121 said:

Last night I started RE 4 for the seventh time (Wii vers. this time) and was once again really impressed by the visuals found in this game (I don´t own a PS360, maybe that´s why...). So I was wondering, which games that were released this or last generation (only Nintendo systems) have/had obviously better visuals than RE 4. I have a handful in my mind but I´m not really sure, for example Twilight Princess, others are Metroid Prime Corruption and Super Mario Galaxy. I think that Capcom set the bar on a very high level in 2005. Maybe that sounds like a stupid question but the answer isn´t that clear, at least in my opinion. I´m aware that the Wii isn´t that more powerful than the Game Cube, but come on, there have to be much more games with better graphics :( Any suggestions?

Thx for your cooperation!

Ehh Twilight Princess did not push the bar like RE4 did. Galaxy, Maybe Courruption. Ummm, there's beautiful games with different art styles for Wii like Muramasa but the graphical style is different (as in not realistic) so that's more debatable and matter of opinion. Yeah imo, there's not really much. Oh and future Wii games look better too.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .