By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft believes it “will outsell the PS3 in 2010,'' says Greenberg

yawn

Around the Network
numonex said:
The XBox 360 will outsell the PS3 worldwide in 2010 just like 2006, 2007 and 2008. 2009 was a one off for the PS3- a flash in the pan. The XBox 360 will outsell the PS3 by 1 million units. A big victiory in US will make up for losses in the other two regions. Europe may even go to 360 with Natal launch.

By the end of the year the 360 will have all the sales momentum with Natal, Halo: Reach + lots of exclusive games and more price cuts.

Go the XBox 360 and I hope you crush the PS3 in console sales.

Out of curiosity, how come you own a PS3 when all your posts are full of anti-Sony/pro-Microsoft sentiments like this?

Why do people get bent out of shape about PR people doing PR? It's their job to smile and be upbeat and generate positive buzz on their brands, whether they believe it or not.

360 wins English-speaking world. PS3 wins the rest. They end up within a million either way. Doesn't matter one way or the other at this point. The only this changes is if one or the other's motion controller catches the fancy of the mainstream and the console catches fire. The 360's in better position for that because Natal will seem different and the price point for entry still appears lower to the masses with the $199 ads (even though more people still go $299). So perhaps 360 wins out?

But it's going to be by a relatively small number either way. As you get to the 40 million range, a million one way or the other isn't a huge difference to the devs and publishers where it matters.

*shrug*

The numbers aren't really that exciting at the moment. The software numbers are much more interesting these days.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

WilliamWatts said:
AngelosL said:

They are ignoring the Wii because its out of the competition. It's nearly impossible to catch up to it...MS and Sony only fight each other.

B B B Broken r r r ecord is still broke.

Why have you taken so much offence that Greenberg doesn't mention the Wii?

PR is all about promoting your company, so it's only logical that Greenberg smacktalks about the PS3 since it's possible to beat Sony, whereas they have no chance of beating the Wii.

It's effectively a compliment to the runaway success of the Wii; stop taking it so personally, jeez.

wholikeswood said:
numonex said:
The XBox 360 will outsell the PS3 worldwide in 2010 just like 2006, 2007 and 2008. 2009 was a one off for the PS3- a flash in the pan. The XBox 360 will outsell the PS3 by 1 million units. A big victiory in US will make up for losses in the other two regions. Europe may even go to 360 with Natal launch.

By the end of the year the 360 will have all the sales momentum with Natal, Halo: Reach + lots of exclusive games and more price cuts.

Out of curiosity, how come you own a PS3 when all your posts are full of anti-Sony/pro-Microsoft sentiments like this?

XBox 360 is best for multi-platform, exclusive/console exclusives and online games. I am not a fan of PC gaming. I only use PC to browse the internet and store  music. DRM issues plague most PC games and too many mods and cheats spoil the PC gaming experience.

PS3 is only good for exclusive games and doubles up as a Blu-Ray player. The internet on the PS3 is a bit too slow for my liking.

I enjoy the best of both worlds but I will buy more games for the XBox 360. There are more games coming to the XBox 360 that appeal to me. Two systems = more games for me to play.

I am one of the ultimate fanboys on this site. So please excuse my bias views expressed in my forum posts.

Around the Network

hes talking about US sales and most likely he will be right. World wide is a different matter though

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

numonex said:
wholikeswood said:
numonex said:

XBox 360 is best for multi-platform, exclusive/console exclusives and online games. I am not a fan of PC gaming. I only use PC to browse the internet and store  music. DRM issues plague most PC games and too many mods and cheats spoil the PC gaming experience.

PS3 is only good for exclusive games and doubles up as a Blu-Ray player. The internet on the PS3 is a bit too slow for my liking.

I enjoy the best of both worlds but I will buy more games for the XBox 360. There are more games coming to the XBox 360 that appeal to me. Two systems = more games for me to play.

I am one of the ultimate fanboys on this site. So please excuse my bias views expressed in my forum posts.

Lol, well your honesty is refreshing, so fair play to you.

psrock said:
WilliamWatts said:
psrock said:

Well, I am in VGchartz which gives me numbers each week, I know there could be changes, but i can only go by i am given.

Too bad I am not Sony nor do they pay me, so yes there is a $199 360.

And the average sale price is comparable, so whats your point? The median price is $299 vs $299.

haha

It's a huge advantage. If the PS3 had a $199, this thread wouldnt exist.

Apparantly free online, Blu Ray, wireless and the brand Playstation are huge advantages too.

psrock said:
WilliamWatts said:
psrock said:
WilliamWatts said:
psrock said:
Why can't the 360 outsell the PS3 now? It's already cheaper than the PS3.

Come on, MS has a $199 console where Sony is not even close to getting near, they are losing WW to a console having stock issues, more expensive and in third place.

How do you know they are losing? The numbers are just estimates and if the stock problem is worse than originally thought...

What $199 console do you speak of? The Wii is made by Nintendo, according to Sony the $199 Xbox 360 is a lie!

Well, I am in VGchartz which gives me numbers each week, I know there could be changes, but i can only go by i am given.

Too bad I am not Sony nor do they pay me, so yes there is a $199 360.

And the average sale price is comparable, so whats your point? The median price is $299 vs $299.

haha

It's a huge advantage. If the PS3 had a $199, this thread wouldnt exist.

Yeah, and how much further into the hole would that put the PS3 just to salvage marketshare? Microsoft could cut it's price by $100 too, so I fail to see your point.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Miguel_Zorro said:
numonex said:

1. Please change your avatar.

2. If I were to pick which would sell more in 2010, I'd pick the 360 in the Americas, the PS3 in Japan, the PS3 in Europe, and the PS3 for total woldwide.

Is his avatar turning you on?

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos