By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft believes it “will outsell the PS3 in 2010,'' says Greenberg

psrock said:
US is not the World.

+1, the 360 outselling the PS3 in the US is not overly bold a claim

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

@williamwatts: Don't be so naive... EVERYONE... SOny MS Nintendo and heck even Apple boast and talk bull in PR...just how it is...if you for a second think MS is more honest and factual or something your in denial

Noone makes bad PR like Sony. When have you even seen Sony even acknowledge there might just be good games on another system? As far as im aware they still lead the field here and its about the only battle they're winning this generation.

lol your joking right? you make MS PR sound as if it's done by heaven sent benevelont angels or something :P .... the Natal intro vid says hello (they sound like they just found the cure for cancer....then again maybe Natal can cure cancer..dunno yet, need to ask Greenberg)....so does the fake pre rendered 'demos', at least Sony didn't stoop so low to mislead the fans with the Arc

Acknowledgement? what BS.... for example the tech used in Natal was there for a long time now....but does PR say so? nope...simply cuz it won't be as amazing sounding if they did...heck they don't even acknowldge the rest of the world as part of the world :S

and MS ignores Sony and Wii (especially Wii) to be even worthy competitors....

Btw I'm not saying Sony is better or Wii is better.... they are all doing what they normally do...it's called PR....honesty was NEVER a part of it..

as for your passionate arguments as to how 2009 was a fluke thanks solely to PS3 price cuts (yeah as if games like UC2 and Demons souls didn't didn't win countless fans and awards), all I can say is let's just wait and see....heard the same things when ODST was announced last year....this year MS has ME2, SC: Conviction, Wake and Reach.... Sony has GOW3, Heavy Rain, GT and Last Guardian.....so at the moment it's anybodys game...doesn't matter which party has the lead at the end of the year, as of now it won't be a big one, period.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

numonex said:
The $299 XBox 360 Elite 120GB sell much more than the $199 Arcade XBox 360.
So it is actually a $299 PS3 120GB competing up against a $299 XBox 360 Elite 120GB. $199 Arcade XBox 360 is competing against the Wii which is priced at $199.

What do you get when you add the sale of the $299 + $199 360 console?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
WilliamWatts said:
psrock said:
Why can't the 360 outsell the PS3 now? It's already cheaper than the PS3.

Come on, MS has a $199 console where Sony is not even close to getting near, they are losing WW to a console having stock issues, more expensive and in third place.

How do you know they are losing? The numbers are just estimates and if the stock problem is worse than originally thought...

What $199 console do you speak of? The Wii is made by Nintendo, according to Sony the $199 Xbox 360 is a lie!

Well, I am in VGchartz which gives me numbers each week, I know there could be changes, but i can only go by i am given.

Too bad I am not Sony nor do they pay me, so yes there is a $199 360.

And the average sale price is comparable, so whats your point? The median price is $299 vs $299.

WilliamWatts said:
psrock said:
WilliamWatts said:
psrock said:
Why can't the 360 outsell the PS3 now? It's already cheaper than the PS3.

Come on, MS has a $199 console where Sony is not even close to getting near, they are losing WW to a console having stock issues, more expensive and in third place.

How do you know they are losing? The numbers are just estimates and if the stock problem is worse than originally thought...

What $199 console do you speak of? The Wii is made by Nintendo, according to Sony the $199 Xbox 360 is a lie!

Well, I am in VGchartz which gives me numbers each week, I know there could be changes, but i can only go by i am given.

Too bad I am not Sony nor do they pay me, so yes there is a $199 360.

And the average sale price is comparable, so whats your point? The median price is $299 vs $299.

haha

It's a huge advantage. If the PS3 had a $199, this thread wouldnt exist.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
numonex said:
The XBox 360 will outsell the PS3 worldwide in 2010 just like 2006, 2007 and 2008. 2009 was a one off for the PS3- a flash in the pan. The XBox 360 will outsell the PS3 by 1 million units. A big victiory in US will make up for losses in the other two regions. Europe may even go to 360 with Natal launch.

By the end of the year the 360 will have all the sales momentum with Natal, Halo: Reach + lots of exclusive games and more price cuts.

Go the XBox 360 and I hope you crush the PS3 in console sales.

Put down the crackpipe man, it's not doing your brain any good :)

As I posted in the headline for this topic:

think it will be a close race for the US. Europe and Japan are definatly PS3, especially when/if GT5 hits.

Although going back to my original thinking, 360 doesn't really have any system sellers this year, except Alan Wake. And don't say Fable 3 or Halo Reach, as if the people are fans of that franchise then they already have a 360 for the previous games.

I think PS3 has a solid chance at outselling the 360 in the US this year, it has the better lineup (imo) of games, and the games that are coming out are not reiterations of a previous game (this generation anyhow). For example, GOW3 and GT5 are probably the best system seller games for the PS3, but it has a ton of other great games that are 1st iteration for this gen as well.

Unless Natal really catches on, I can't see that selling a ton of systems, neither do I think the Arc will sell many systems.

*and*

GOW3 has no new games on the PS3, you could argue God of War Collection, but really, it is the PS2 games just fancied up. You could also say GT5 Prologue came out, but I know a lot of people that didn't buy it because the game was a DEMO. You could race a few tracks, etc. Was kinda funny my brother asked me why he couldn't upgrade his cars, I was like it's a demo, GT5 doesn't come out until the end of the year (that was in summer last year)

Also, those are probably the 2 best system sellers this year, there are other great games that may or might not push systems, ps3 has a great exclusive lineup this year. Some can be seen:http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19171

Sony's issue is they don't promote their games enough, I didn't see any "mainstream media" for MAG at all, all I saw was online stuff.

Same for WKC and Heavy Rain.

I think they are going to advertise the hell out of GOW3 and GT5, or at least I would hope so.

And with the same price point, a removable HD, BR player, Bluetooth, seriously, not even on the basis of gaming, it *IS* the better value for your money, you can't argue that :)

*All of the above was my own opinion*

And I own all the consoles, and I plan on getting Fable 3 and Reach and Alan Wake when they come out as well :) 

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

M.U.G.E.N said:
WilliamWatts said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

@williamwatts: Don't be so naive... EVERYONE... SOny MS Nintendo and heck even Apple boast and talk bull in PR...just how it is...if you for a second think MS is more honest and factual or something your in denial

Noone makes bad PR like Sony. When have you even seen Sony even acknowledge there might just be good games on another system? As far as im aware they still lead the field here and its about the only battle they're winning this generation.

lol your joking right? you make MS PR sound as if it's done by heaven sent benevelont angels or something :P .... the Natal intro vid says hello (they sound like they just found the cure for cancer....then again maybe Natal can cure cancer..dunno yet, need to ask Greenberg)....so does the fake pre rendered 'demos', at least Sony didn't stoop so low to mislead the fans with the Arc

Acknowledgement? what BS.... for example the tech used in Natal was there for a long time now....but does PR say so? nope...simply cuz it won't be as amazing sounding if they did...heck they don't even acknowldge the rest of the world as part of the world :S

and MS ignores Sony and Wii (especially Wii) to be even worthy competitors....

Btw I'm not saying Sony is better or Wii is better.... they are all doing what they normally do...it's called PR....honesty was NEVER a part of it..

as for your passionate arguments as to how 2009 was a fluke thanks solely to PS3 price cuts (yeah as if games like UC2 and Demons souls didn't didn't win countless fans and awards), all I can say is let's just wait and see....heard the same things when ODST was announced last year....this year MS has ME2, SC: Conviction, Wake and Reach.... Sony has GOW3, Heavy Rain, GT and Last Guardian.....so at the moment it's anybodys game...doesn't matter which party has the lead at the end of the year, as of now it won't be a big one, period.

All I can say is:

• Alliwantforxmasisapsp.com
  • PS3 launch
  • Riiidge Racer
  • Bullcrap videos
  • Everyone else is last gen
  • Every game cannot be done on Xbox 360
  • 2 jobs comment
  • Etc.

I mean I could google it, but those are what I remember.

numonex said:
The $299 XBox 360 Elite 120GB sell much more than the $199 Arcade XBox 360.
So it is actually a $299 PS3 120GB competing up against a $299 XBox 360 Elite 120GB. $199 Arcade XBox 360 is competing against the Wii which is priced at $199.

no the $199 360 is competiting against the ps3 and wii

dude :S again...all other game company's are doing the same kind of stuff for their products ...Don't see why YOU can't see that fact......It's all maerketing and PR! next you will quote the new ad campaign also :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I just don't see why everyone just doesn't jump in?