By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Media Summit 2010 HYPE & ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

So that was it? Wow, just HW revisions and a bundle???

We must learn not to hype Nintendo events, but that is impossible, they generate too much expectation in their fans, only to disappoint.

Unless of course the American one brings us something interesting, which is doubtful right now, I mean, why wouldn't they want to show their upcoming games to the AU people?? Why even make a conference there lol.

Perhaps this was just for retailers there and they are showing more tomorrow. I'm disappointed so far.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Why wouldn't they want to show their upcoming games to the AU people?? Why even make a conference there. Look at the biggest sellers in Australia, its mostly Wii fits/Sports/Singstar stuff.

Perhaps this was just for retailers there. THIS

Answers supplied.

America is their biggest market, therefore anything new relative to Metroid and SMG2 would be shown there, especially in order to give American game media the "exclusive" access.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Hi

The story of the message is concern

michaellopp said:

Hi

The story of the message is concern

Welcome to vgchartz. Its not a concern, considering what i just explained.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

LOL just found this at NeoGaf and it is of Epic proportions.

Blueprint for Nintendo of America Media Summit (2/24/10)

"Hello! You may remember me from two years ago! My name is Cammie Dunaway."

"This is from my family's vacation to Disney World last year. We had much fun, until Little Timmy was molested by a man in a Goofy costume, who we later discovered wasn't even a park employee."

"Hello, my name is Satoru Iwata. Here at Nintendo, we try to reach out to every demographic possible. We decided to make a game based off of Cammie's experiences, but Hillary Clinton objected to a video game starring a shrewd middle-aged woman, so we had to rethink our approach."

"This otherwise useless device will be required to play Wii Relax. It will be priced at $69.99USD and will be available yesterday."

"WHO'S EXCITED FOR SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2"

"WOOOOOOOOOO"

"Sit the fuck down Matt, you act like we just announced kid icarus or something. Who put this DS in my hand?"

"For our new Metroid game, we have used this makeshift ouija board to consult Gunpei Yokoi for advice. We found using the ouija board was so much fun that we should make a game out of it. Announcing..."

"Luigi's Ouija, exclusive for the DS. Speaking of DS..."

"Pikmin 3 will be a DSi exclusive. Sorry, we suck."

"But we don't like to disappoint, even though we're certainly good at it. So we've invited someone very special to talk about his new Wii game..."

"Why, it's Tetsuya Nomura from Square-Enix! What are you doing here?"
"Sorry, I was looking for the shitter." *exits*

"Hello, you probably know me. I'm Shigeru Miyamoto. I'm pleased to announce that we're working on a new Zelda game for the Wii. In it, you play as Link. The game uses the Wii Balance Board. It will be available in 2014."

"We're open to any questions from the audience."

"Will Nintendo be releasing Sin & Punishment 2 in the United States?"

*laughs*

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

My God! If they relase a Zelda Wii trailer ill die.

For sure.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

I'm so in. Does anyone know what time it begins? So I can calculate what time it begins, my time :P

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I'm so in. Does anyone know what time it begins? So I can calculate what time it begins, my time :P

12 PM EST is what I think I read.

But yea as I said earlier, I really don't expect much expansion as in other content, but definitely unloading on the stuff they did show there. I expect a Black Wii to be coming to America now (which definitely explains the lower shipments of Wiis and Nintendo is going to want to post some bigger numbers for the end of the fiscal year), a DSi launch date, and show off Metroid: Other M as it is closer to release than we thought (meaning E3 is to close to release to start an effective marketing campaign).

Really if there are any surprises it would simply be showing things already announced other than Galaxy 2 or Other M. Maybe Xenoblade or Last Story if they are closer to release than we think in America. No Zelda stuff or vitality sensor stuff right now. Those are obviously holiday/2011 things and they can be effectively shown at E3 to start a marketing campaign. But I did know Nintendo was going to have to show off either Galaxy 2 or Other M at an even like this eventually, because one of them was going to have to release in the summer months. Little did I know both are planned to do that haha.

Also potentially them showing off some big 3rd party games, namely MH3.  Although they don't have the publishing rights in America, they obviously have some form of an investment in the success of the game and potentially future of the series so may see it shown off a little bit.  Really, I am pleasantly surprised to see how big of a force by both Nintendo and Capcom there is behind this Monster Hunter Tri game.  They really are trying to expand this out to the west and its incredible how much hype and money they are putting into it.  Now obviously that doesn't ensure success, but this game has a better chance than any other in the franchise into really making it popular outside of Japan.  And having that Nintendo "tag" to it in Europe and Australia will do wonders. 

i feel so sorry for the australian guys

'hey! cheers for turning up, but we're not allowed to say anything important until after the american one! kthnxbi'

press just got trolled lol

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia