By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Media Summit 2010 HYPE & ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Hey whens the Japanese one? That might be the conference to get Xenoblade or Last Story trailers IMO.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
Do want - The Last Story info/trailer.

Is there any chance at all of it happening?

It's possible but if not we'll have a dev blog in March.

March is too far away ¬_¬

Ashame..... I lost my faith on the America one

vonboysp said:
monster hunter tri bundled with classic controller pro for.....100bucks!?!?!

HAHA!

100 Au ($90 US) is what we pay for Wii games in Australia, we pay 110 Au (99 US) for PS360 games. That deal is just a free classic controller pro with the game. I am so getting it

What are the chances for new Xenoblade info and trailer to be shown tomorrow?

Around the Network

Really? They confirmed that Metroid will be there tomorrow?

Sweet!

Maybe they're getting savvy, and spreading the information out between them, as in we'll get surprises both in US and EU

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well cool that they are trying to hold them in multiple areas. Nice to see Australia getting some love with Black Wii, pretty good MH3 deal, and dates for the two big ones (Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M). Also DSi XL dated.

I'm assuming we'll get much of the same at the American one, but considering it seems to be the bigger one, possibly a little more. I do think that if the black Wii is announced for America, we'll at least understand why stock has been so low for the system since the holidays.

scottie said:
vonboysp said:
monster hunter tri bundled with classic controller pro for.....100bucks!?!?!

HAHA!

100 Au ($90 US) is what we pay for Wii games in Australia, we pay 110 Au (99 US) for PS360 games. That deal is just a free classic controller pro with the game. I am so getting it

It will be 88$ at JBHIFI. Def. buy, but still waiting on that free online Crapcom

edit - So Australia is getting the black Wii on 11th March and DSXL on 15th April

Nothing else of interest really.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

where can you watch the american media summit live tomorrow?

Siko1989 said:
where can you watch this media summit live?

I think nowhere, because it isn't allow to film