By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Media Summit 2010 HYPE & ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

i know what a lot of you thinking. Your thinking stuff like 'argh why cant the conference be nooooooooooooooooow' and 'damm, how can I sleep  knowing whats happening tomorrow'. well fear not ! whilst many are counting down the time to the USA conference,  what you may not know is that the australian event is going on.... right now

so in that vein, ive made this thread in preparation so that we do this in a controlled and civilised manner.

here are your twitters to follow: http://twitter.com/Serrels (nothing yet, could be embargoed)

http://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

here is your Itinerary : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3nSzH9sr8

and off we go!

Edit: I will be updating the OP regularly with all new and announcements from here on

DSi XL will go on sale in America on March 28th priced at $189 will be available in wine red and black

100 classic books heading to US priced $19.99

galaxy 2 shown. Has a spin dig galaxy where the drill from E3 is used. use the drill to beat the end of level spider boss. 

yoshi level. yoshi can do flutter jump and bash people whith a shake of the wiimote. tongue is controlled by the pointer and he eats fruit to get power ups. If yoshi is hit by an enemy he runs away like in NSMBW

GALAXY 2 RELEASE DATE MAY 23RD

SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2: STAR SUCCESSOR OUT JUNE 7TH WITH ONLINE LEADER BOARDS

SPAN SMASHER NOW CALLED FLINGSMASH, OUT IN SUMMER

PICROSS 3D OUT MAY 3RD WITH DOWNLOADABLE PUZZLES

ART STYLE ROTOZA AND ART STYLE LIGHT TRAX WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE SPRING

MAX & THE MAGIC MARKER OUT MARCH 8TH

CAVE STORY MARCH 22ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND YET IT MOVES AND SUPER MEAT BOY HITTING SUMMER. METAL TORRENT, X-SCAPE AND PHOTODOJO HITTING DSiware 1st half of the year.

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

What time is the conference starting for America? (Just post the time zone next the time)

Former something....

I'm not expecting anything big. I expect small games

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'm not expecting much. just info on current games, and maybe some vitality sensor info. GDC should be better. But, something is better than nothing.

I keep reading that this media summit is going to be AMAZING and full of wonderful news. >_> Some people will get some angry hate mail if it doesn't come true. 

Around the Network

What is embargoed?

Embargoed is a request by a publisher/company for the media to not release any news to the public until that embargo has been lifted.

morenoingrato said:
What is embargoed?

Are you asking for the definition? or are you asking for what info happens to be embargoed?

If it's the definition, it just means that certain people who know the new info are not allowed to reveal the info until a certain point in time, most likely, when the conference is over.

As for what is embargoed, who knows. lol

Nintendo of America on Twitter just... twittered...

~ We'll be tweeting LIVE from our media summit in San Francisco tomorrow! Stay tuned for exciting info and pics! ~

^_^

Edit: lol, just realised it's from 6 hours ago so it's probably old news. >_< .... damn my excitement.  

Serrels has reached the event, hes still twittering so looks like
live blogging isnt embargoed, only the hand son impressions

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia