By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac: FFXIII Superior on PS3

cmeese47 said:
Adding additional DVD's would have been extremely expensive especially considering the game is not supposed to have load times. I would have loved to see 1 blu ray and 5 DVD's that would have made my day.

It would have been expensive but SE would have almost certainly made the money back from going multi-platform with FF.

Really, the only reason they would cut content is because the game took so long to develop and they need to recoup all those years of paying a staff to make it. Inevitably, some things are ALWAYS going to get cut out in the name of delivery date and expense.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
cmeese47 said:

Im sorry did this come as a surprise to anyone FFXIII was built for the PS3 and the blu-ray had Square Enix wanted to just imagine how much worse it could have been on 360. They cut a lot of content more than likely because of the 360. Had they left in the content which would have fit on 1 blu-ray just imagine the differences in the games then.

Or they could have used more than 3 DVDs on the 360 version.  LO did.  Anyone who thinks the 360 is the reason some content got cut is naive and desperately clinging to an imaginary war.

It may have been a minor factor considering the news about how content was cut due to space limitations. Buuut, PS3 fan(boy)s blow it out of proportion, that part I agree with, since content gets cut out of many games.

On your other comment: It could be your every day PR. You all should be used to this by now.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

FF13 is better on PS3. 1 Blu Ray, better S.S. - it's awesome

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

After losing the exclusivity, PS3 had to have the better version.

I bought my console to play RPGs, and SE has released NOTHING so far for PS3 (not counting SO4IE).

Why play an inferior version when you can play a better one ?

Wow, vgchartz is getting a little boring nowadays. Where is you guys' humor nowadays??? Some of you need to lighten up a bit. I know gaming and the internetz is serious business, but believe it or not, it IS okay to laugh every now and again :P

Around the Network

I'm back guys, after a 3 month ban, LOL.

It feels good to be back.

Anyway, a developer making games only for PS3 said this, did he even say what exactly was superior, I didn't read the link yet, but if he can't state a reason, this is just cheerleading.

From what I have heard it is the typical stuff that most ports have issues with. The graphics are not clear, the differences come down to shading and other minor stuff. There is some slight slow down on the 360 version. The compressed audio suffers a little and the disc swapping interupts game play.

While I do wish platform specific developers wouldn't make such comments - although of course they will - since it's already known that the PS3 has better video/audio then technically - even for those who say they don't care about the sound or visuals on the CG, etc - he's right as he doesn't state why as such and there is already a known difference in that area.

I guess the issue is some will feel that so long as the gameplay is the same that doesn't count, but you know, higher resolution CG and better audio is just that. Even if only a few can enjoy it or notice it doesn't change the fact its there.

Still, better not to comment at all IMHO.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
While I do wish platform specific developers wouldn't make such comments - although of course they will - since it's already known that the PS3 has better video/audio then technically - even for those who say they don't care about the sound or visuals on the CG, etc - he's right as he doesn't state why as such and there is already a known difference in that area.

I guess the issue is some will feel that so long as the gameplay is the same that doesn't count, but you know, higher resolution CG and better audio is just that. Even if only a few can enjoy it or notice it doesn't change the fact its there.

Still, better not to comment at all IMHO.

This is the biggest gripe with any PR.  The only reason he opened his mouth was to give him and his company some spotlight time from the inevitable fall out of such statements.  The sad thing is all those people who take these comments seriously don't realise they're being used.

How would Insomniac feel if everyone went around saying that RFOM and R&C would be better on the Xbox 360? Im tempted to say that actually.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?