By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most HD Game Resolutions Not Even 720p Let Alone 1080p

In terms of games, 1080p is mostly fodder for fanboy discussions.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

NBA 08 and lair are at 1080p.. uncharted was never confirmed to be 1080p it was 720p.

mM

So what are you trying to say Soriku, that games that are less than 720P suck? Are you a graphics whore? If your answer to those two questions is "no" then what's the deal with this thread?  Aren't you a Wii fan?  Are you going to be bashing all the games on that system because they don't even reach the resolution that your bashing the other systems on, or are you being a hypocrite?

leo-j said:
NBA 08 and lair are at 1080p.. uncharted was never confirmed to be 1080p it was 720p.

Yeah, the 5fps 1080p Lair slideshow game was great. Loved it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Well I'm asking you, are the resolutions of games that important to you? Tell me what the deal is because your original post makes you seem like you're being a hypocrite and I really don't want to believe that about you.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Legend11 said:
So what are you trying to say Soriku, that games thare are less than 720P suck? Are you a graphics whore? If your answer to those two questions is "no" then what's the deal with this thread? Trolling?

Thank you for your backlash that was not necessary. Have a good day.

Yeah, what's up with you legend11. The entire point is that we haven't moved into the HD era yet. It's chugging along but it'll a couple of years before it happens.

I just don't get people who put down the graphics, resolutions, etc in games on the PS3 and 360 (especially against the PC) in one post and then in another they'll talk about graphics and HD not being that important when defending the Wii against it's rivals.

Legend11 said:
So what are you trying to say Soriku, that games that are less than 720P suck? Are you a graphics whore? If your answer to those two questions is "no" then what's the deal with this thread? Aren't you a Wii fan? Are you going to be bashing all the games on that system because they don't even reach the resolution that your bashing the other systems on, or are you being a hypocrite?

He's saying they're not HD as advertised.  The fact is that if they're not running 720p, 1080i or 1080p, they're not HD.  Halo 3, for example, is not an HD game. 

Legend11 said:
I just don't get people who put down the graphics, resolutions, etc in games on the PS3 and 360 in one post and then in another they'll talk about graphics not being that important when defending the Wii against it's rivals.

Everybody is saying the some of the best games right now do not run in full HD resolutions despite Sony touting Bluray and HD as a must have. No doubt in a couple of years but right now, not many care about running things at 720p, 1080p, not even the developers or at least it's not a number one priority.

Legend11 said:
I just don't get people who put down the graphics, resolutions, etc in games on the PS3 and 360 (especially against the PC) in one post and then in another they'll talk about graphics and HD not being that important when defending the Wii against it's rivals.

total irrelevant, what is the link ?? don't care about graphic  but counter the 1080p argument , so??

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.