By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most HD Game Resolutions Not Even 720p Let Alone 1080p

Legend11 said:
So what are you trying to say Soriku, that games that are less than 720P suck? Are you a graphics whore? If your answer to those two questions is "no" then what's the deal with this thread? Aren't you a Wii fan? Are you going to be bashing all the games on that system because they don't even reach the resolution that your bashing the other systems on, or are you being a hypocrite?

Sir, to be a hypocrite he'd have to say somewhere in his thread that these games suck because they aren't in 720p or better in majority. Nowhere in his post did I see him mention them sucking due to their resolution. Main Entry: hyp·o·crite Function: noun Pronunciation: 'hi-p&-"krit Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Old French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokrites actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion In no way shape or form did I see him go against liking the Wii or even mentioning the Wii. YOU have brought that up yourself. He pointed out something that most people simply don't know.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@darconi

Well it will be mandatory to change to HD soon, there wont be SD signals anymore just HD... they said it in a tv commercial I saw today.

Bztttt wrong. There won't be ANALOG signals just Digital signals. Digital TV is not always HDTV. Most stations transmit in Digital as is (DTV) 90% of them are not High def. I have 70 over air stations(I get NY NJ and PA stations over air ^^b) a grand 15 of them are in High def the others are ALL Standard definition. Edit: All it really means is you need a ATSC receiver or cable box... that your old NTSC one won't work anymore. I know exactly the comercial you mean too, the one about "DTVanswers.com" or whatever it was Bleh sorry for posting twice back to back.

I just want to say that "true HD" is the only buzzword that's actually more pointless/pathetic than "real next-gen." All 3 systems have fun and beautiful looking games. The fact that all these developers were lying about their pixel counts and got away with it just shows that nobody can tell the difference and when they claim to be able to they're just lying to defend whatever they're defending.

I love my 56" DLP HDTV that I got super cheap refurbished on CraigsList. However, I have no HD content and don't care about the pixels. I just cared about inches. All I have is a Wii, a DVD player, and a VCR. Games and movies are cool.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

960*1080 is actually a little more than 720p. When Sony and the devs say their game is running in 1080p on the PS3, usually it is running in this resolution.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma runs in 960x1080, not 1280x720.  Where are you getting this information?

Nothing can compare to 1920x1080 goodness though. Long live the PC!

Just give the next systems 4GB frame buffers, and we can see games run in Ultra HD. That's 7680 × 4320.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I care about true hd because........
The games look gr8 this gen. Wait till next gen to get 1080p as average.