By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you care about 3D?

I have it already...its pretty sweet but expensive. the effect of the tech wears off in 2-3 months as well.

Around the Network

YES, it will be worthy... I wanna buy 3d tv and glasses.

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

disolitude said:
I have it already...its pretty sweet but expensive. the effect of the tech wears off in 2-3 months as well.

What do you mean? Your eyes get used to it or does it just gets old and don't want to use it anymore?

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

lolzmahballz said:
Yes but only when the price is right....two or three years from now when I need a new tv one that is 3d compatible is what I'll probably be looking at.

Until then however I'm content with just HD gaming XD

yea, thats the problem. People are trying to push HD TVs now for $1k or more and almost none of them are 3D ready TVs. Now someone like you who is looking to buy a new TV in 2-3 years is in the perfect position to buy into 3D. However, someone like myself who just bought a 55" TV 4 weeks ago won't be buying another main TV for 10 years.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I will get 3D when i get out of law school and have a job to pay for it.

Around the Network
Hiko said:
disolitude said:

What do you mean? Your eyes get used to it or does it just gets old and don't want to use it anymore?

Gets old. Its a cool novelty for once a week kind of gaming or movie watching...but I don't see anyone wanting to do it every day.

Yes!
Im so hyped for it!
Will buy a new 3D Ready Sony Bravia in summer to be able to watch and play games in 3D.
I mean, come on whats better than being on shrooms and playing some Wipeout HD Zone mode?
*__*

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

disolitude said:
Hiko said:
disolitude said:

Gets old. Its a cool novelty for once a week kind of gaming or movie watching...but I don't see anyone wanting to do it every day.

I see, did you get the NVidia 3D package?

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

I hope I can see a video of a gameplay in a 3D using crosseye method to see if its gonna be awesome or not.

Hiko said:
disolitude said:
Hiko said:
disolitude said:

I see, did you get the NVidia 3D package?

Yeah. Had it for like 9 months now. I use a 22 inch samsung lcd and a 67 inch Samsung DLP TV both of which are 3D ready. If it was just the LCD I would have sold the tech after a week but the DLP 3D blew me away. Much better quality not to mention the screen size...

But yeah, after 3-4 months it becomes kinda routine so its all about the gameplay after the initial wow factor wears off...

Im curious what kind of game support sony will offer. I doubt we will see many games playable in 3D so for a gamer I don't think it will be a viable tech as of yet for a console 3D enthusiast. For a 3D movie watcher however it may be worth investing in to this tech...