By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 7

SaviorX said:
I don't know, that's why I said, or something. A hardware increase seems like the only way that those titles could've gotten such large sales boosts, especially when nothing significant has happened to spur software like this. They may have received price drops, but I doubt it.

As has been posted in the OP and by others, the explanation is the mid-term holiday.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
SaviorX said:
I don't know, that's why I said, or something. A hardware increase seems like the only way that those titles could've gotten such large sales boosts, especially when nothing significant has happened to spur software like this. They may have received price drops, but I doubt it.

As has been posted in the OP and by others, the explanation is the mid-term holiday.

its called "half term", all the schools/colleges close for 1 week.

^ Mid term is the exact same thing, just a different word.

Demotruk said:

yes, but ive never met anyone here who calls it that, everyone I know calls it "half term"

SciFiBoy said:
Demotruk said:

yes, but ive never met anyone here who calls it that, everyone I know calls it "half term"

Everyone i know calls it Mid term

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
According to GamesIndustry.biz, the AvP breakdown is:
58 per cent of sales on the Xbox 360, 32 per cent on the PlayStation 3 and nine per cent on PC

1% seems to be missing but it's probably a round off error on GI.biz side.

do you have a link for me?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
dolemit3 said:
According to GamesIndustry.biz, the AvP breakdown is:
58 per cent of sales on the Xbox 360, 32 per cent on the PlayStation 3 and nine per cent on PC

1% seems to be missing but it's probably a round off error on GI.biz side.

do you have a link for me?

ja

link

You need to make a (free) account to view the full article.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

nen-suer said:
SciFiBoy said:
Demotruk said:

Everyone i know calls it Mid term

where in the UK do you live then? nowhere Ive been here do they call it that

(im assuming were still talking about the UK, as thats what ive been posting about, no idea what they call it or if they even have it in other countries)

SciFiBoy said:

(im assuming were still talking about the UK, as thats what ive been posting about, no idea what they call it or if they even have it in other countries)

I'm not in the UK, but it's the same thing either way. It's the break half-way through the term or it's the break mid-way through the term.

Demotruk said:
SciFiBoy said:

I'm not in the UK, but it's the same thing either way. It's the break half-way through the term or it's the break mid-way through the term.

yes, but my point is that in the UK where the sales boost was, its called Half term, also, mid term sounds lame