By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 5.6 million PS3 sold according to Sony

NJ5 said:

"The company's worldwide sales goal for next March remains 11 million units."

Totally misleading. 11 million units is the forecast number of shipped PS3s during the current fiscal year only! 2 million were shipped in the first half of the year, which means they have 9 million to do between October 2007 and March 2008.

If they achieved that goal, they would have shipped a total of 14.6 million PS3s by the end of March 2008, meaning about 13.5 million sold to customers.

With all the games being delayed my guess is that they'll miserably fail regarding that goal, guaranteeing a new round of doom and gloom for the PS3 in the media and everywhere else.

QFT.

Starting to wonder if someone at Sony financial has their wires crossed. Half expecting them to come out with a statement as March '08 ends - saying there was a "mistake" in their projections, and they actually meant 11m lifetime sales (which is rational & reasonable!). 

Those extra 2.5m-3.0m PS3 units won't come cheap - I'm not sure where they would come from at all.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
Shido said:

# PS3 Blu-ray currently outsells Xbox 360 HD-DVD 9 to 1.

Kind of obvious.

Standalone HD-DVD outselling standalone BluRay by 10 to 1 (or more).

...also kind of obvious :P 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

We knew this number 3 weeks ago and our numbers were almost exactly in line with it without any changes.

I dont get it? Everyone took haze off the 360 and pc list after the developer cancelled it.

mM

So... Either Sony or NPD's numbers are way wrong on Blu-ray.

Maybe Sony polled a lot of Japanese PS3 owners?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
So... Either Sony or NPD's numbers are way wrong on Blu-ray.

Maybe Sony polled a lot of Japanese PS3 owners?

Or the NPD survey was done 4 months ago and Sony have been pushing the PS3 plays BDs angle pretty hard recently.

shams said:
Shido said:

# PS3 Blu-ray currently outsells Xbox 360 HD-DVD 9 to 1.

Kind of obvious.

Standalone HD-DVD outselling standalone BluRay by 10 to 1 (or more).

...also kind of obvious :P

Link?

DKII said:
We knew this number 3 weeks ago and our numbers were almost exactly in line with it without any changes.

I don't recall it ever being officially "cancelled". Rather, I'm pretty sure no one has been talking about it and it doesn't have a release date. However, they have at least begun working on the 360 version (I heard about it a long time ago for both the PS3/360). All I remember hearing specifically is an emphasis being placed on the PS3, and just no talk about the 360. I guess you could speculate it's cancelled, but I think it'd be a big waste of money for the developer to do so. 

I think it's fairly obvious the game will eventually come out for the 360 with a time exclusivity for the PS3 (a la UT3).  

you know what I dont care is haze goes to the 360, as long as the graphics are great, and its a AAA game Im happy.

mM
leo-j said:
you know what I dont care is haze goes to the 360, as long as the graphics are great, and its a AAA game Im happy.

I agree. I hope it's awesome on whatever system it graces. I'm just confused about the "haze is cacelled for the 360" because I don't remember hearing anyhing official stating that. I remember it was going to be on the 360 a long time ago...then nothing about it (which leads me to believe time exclusive). You'd think if it was really cancelled they'd come out straight and just say it. 

At any rate, the game looks very solid (even if I have no idea what it's about).