By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 5.6 million PS3 sold according to Sony

leo-j said:
You have to all understand that this was nov 11, its nov 16.. ps sales exploded in japan ,and increase in europe the number is still 5.75m

I dont know where they are getting that haze is coming to the 360, the developer and everyone else confirmed that haze will only be available on the ps3.

This line spells it out:

Ubisoft's Haze is the first title to be created on PS3 and ported to Xbox.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

I dont know where they are getting that haze is coming to the 360, the developer and everyone else confirmed that haze will only be available on the ps3.

= Capcom (DMC 4).

"""""# A recent Blu-ray Disc adoption survey shows that 87% of PS3 users watch Blu-ray movies,
80% of PS3 users have purchased Blu-ray movies and 82% intend to purchase or rent Blu-ray
movies."""""

==> IF it is true then format war is over ...
Even the low cost HD DVD player will not compensate the user base of the PS3.
Even in America, 2M of PS3 >> total WW HD-DVD player sales.
IF it is true of course ...

Time to Work !

MontanaHatchet said:
Nintendownsmii said:
Wait I thought Sony always releases sold to retailer numbers, have they changed their stratagy for press releases?

I wouldn't say its all sunshine, rainbows, and lolipops for Sony since they are still losing money on each PS3 sold and have already bled how many billions?

Still it does seem to be that they might actually succeed in their 'crazy' sacrafice the playstation brand to push blu-ray and reap the liscensing fees plan.

I see no personal bias in this post.

Bias or no bias, this post is SO true. 

leo-j said:
You have to all understand that this was nov 11, its nov 16.. ps sales exploded in japan ,and increase in europe the number is still 5.75m

5.6 million shipped as of september, which means VG charts is right on and dio can stop complaining!

And Namco kept saying over and over that Eternal sonota was 360 only

When you buy timed exclustivity the developers are always supposed to claim its only for the timed exclusive console

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
libellule said:
"""""# A recent Blu-ray Disc adoption survey shows that 87% of PS3 users watch Blu-ray movies,
80% of PS3 users have purchased Blu-ray movies and 82% intend to purchase or rent Blu-ray
movies."""""

==> IF it is true then format war is over ...
Even the low cost HD DVD player will not compensate the user base of the PS3.
Even in America, 2M of PS3 >> total WW HD-DVD player sales.
IF it is true of course ...

Howard Stringer certainly doesn't think the war is anywhere close to being over. Of course he also said PS3 sales were 100k for the week.

87% of PS3 users know that it plays Blu-Ray? Was it because they happened to read about the other survey which indicated that only 60% did?

I highly doubt it...

Here is that other study: http://www.gamesdog.co.uk/news/news.phtml/6974/7998/NPR-Report-PS3-Blu-ray-ignorance.phtml

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

And considering it's Sony, they probably included PS2 sales in that number!

I will throw in a bonus Sony joke from the locked NPD thread at no extra charge:

So the PS3 is 5,000,000 behind the 360 in America, and it's catching up by about negative 250,000 a month.

At that rate, the PS3 should pass the 360 in April of 2005.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

FishyJoe said:

Although the trend for the last year has been for publisher to create Xbox 360 SKUs and then port to PS3, Sony claims this is now starting to reverse: "Developers are now creating games on PS3 and then porting them to other platforms. This shows the strides developers are making in creating content for PS3 and also provides developers with an advantage as it's harder to port from Xbox 360 to PS3. Ubisoft's Haze is the first title to be created on PS3 and ported to Xbox."

-How is it a "trend starting to reverse" when it's one game that Sony paid the developers a bunch of money to make a PS3 timed exclusive? 

-Haze coming to 360 next year confirmed.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

# PS3 Blu-ray currently outsells Xbox 360 HD-DVD 9 to 1.

Kind of obvious.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d