By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles Crow Eating Thread

I think those that doubted those first day rumors are in need for some crow too.
Not that I wasn't skeptical myself, but I don't claim to understand the Japanese market.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

Well I don't pretend to know the Japanese market either but the RE side games have never really been big titles sales wise. I didn't think RE:UC would be any different. Not only that, I thought it was just some cheap Wii cash-in by Capcom. So that further dimmed my expectations of the game. The reviews have been scoring the game in the 7.0 to 8.5 range, so the game seems to be doing pretty well both in quality and sales.

It'll be really interesting to see how it performs through the holidays.  I have a feeling it'll either exceed expectations or fall flat.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I was turning pretty skeptical about the 100k number myself during the last few days, so it looks like I was pretty much spot on for once.

70k first day doesn't sound too good after Halo 3 and Galaxy, but we should remember we're talking about a third party Wii game (generally not very strong sales), a Resident Evil game game in Japan (smallest market for the franchise), and a lightgun game (never sold too well anywhere).

This should translate into at least a million LTD worldwide, and hopefully encourage more support from Capcom. I also predict a flood of lightgun shooters to hit the Wii, starting early next year. =P

It's not too hard to see why the game sold so well. It's actually getting pretty decent reviews, unlike:

RE Survivor: 42.1% on Gamerankings
RE Survivor 2: 52.5% on Gamerankings
RE Dead Aim: 66.3% on Gamerankings

In other words, it's basically the first GOOD RE rail shooter - something fans of the series have been waiting over a decade for.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

The reviews are a bit so and so at the moment btw. The game was a few points over 80, but then Gamespot came along and gave it 70, listing being a on-rails shooter as its biggest fault. That's like making the Zero Punctuation guy review Madden: "Yankie football is for inbred rednecks, 2 points out of 100".

Garcian Smith said: In other words, it's basically the first GOOD RE rail shooter - something fans of the series have been waiting over a decade for.

Correct.

The game is excellent and involves some actual strategy, unlike most lightgun games which simply have you throw as much lead at the screen as possible to succeed. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

I assume that you can add 10% to any reviews of games in smaller genres. Maybe someone should make a site called onrailsrock.com and give light guns games all 9s and 10s while giving an 7s and 8s to Mario and Halo for their lack of light gun.

Oh yeah, pass the crow, do you have any humble pie?

Maybe Capcom wil continue to subsidize creative point and click puzzle games with RE profits?

No dice........ too bad.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

If we had 27 crows we could bake them in a pie!