By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan wake and Heavy Rain...i am impressed with both games so far but ...

Which one will be better? I know that is a loaded question and is over asked, but just hear me out.

So i played the heavy rain demo and it was cool, the tools were awesome and i loved the story already. But i am less than impressed with the mouthing animations because they look like sonic or devil may cry 3. Also when hands grab things, the animations are terrible. So will the full game be better?

Alan Wake... i saw the gameplay footage and as PS3 fan i was very impressed. It looked cool and better animations not necessarily graphics than heavy rain. So what am i supposed to think here?I thougth Heavy rain was supposed to be this graphical king.

What do you all think in terms of the comparison

Around the Network

I love how you ask which would be the better game, and then say how you thought Heavy Rain was the graphical king.

Alan Wake hands down.

Remedy is making it and that should be enough to choose their game.

The comparison is quite bad because they're so different genres.

Heavy Rain is like a point & click adventure.

Alan Wake is an action-adventure like Uncharted and Assassin's Creed.

Somehow I think this thread was made to stir up trouble...

OT: I think Alane wake will be better graphically/gameplay wise. There is a lot of screen tearing in heavy rain (especially on buildings)

Around the Network

I want both Games, however I only own the PS3 so I guess I'll only be getting Heavy rain.

Looks like the 360 is building a list of exclusive game which will eventually entice me to buy a 360, unless for some unknown reason games like mass effect and alan wake make it's way to the PS3, I guess I'll see how things go, this gen has been kinda all over the place with 3rd party exclusives.

Both games have atrocious dialogue and voice acting.  That much they have in common.

It's like some computer science interns wote the scripts and dialogue, and the programming staff's friends and families did the voice work.

Slimebeast said:

Exactly. Alan Wake and Heavy rain are NOTHING alike.

It's like saying Peggle is without arguement better than Madden.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
Slimebeast said:

Peggle is without argument better than Madden.

CommonMan said:
Strategyking92 said:
Slimebeast said:

Peggle is without argument better than Madden.

Well yeah, but if there was a 2K10 out it wouldn't be

In terms of football games anyway.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive