By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - why do the UNITED STATES win every olympics???

why do the UNITED STATES win every olympics???

they have the best athletes. 6 25.00%

the people of the united ... 2 8.33%

its just the way of life. 0 0%

the united states is just awesome. 4 16.67%

the united states has the best army. 5 20.83%

the united states is the ... 7 29.17%

Total:24
gaming_addict24 said:
zexen_lowe said:
NiKKoM said:
zexen_lowe said:

This thread is pointless, last Olympics were won by China (and with a huge margin over the US), that kinda discredits all your point. Even funnier, the last Winter olympics weren't either won by the US, they were won by Germany

Just to add salt in the wound.. when the winter olympics was in Salt Lake City 2002.. the US was third..

Even more, of the last 20 Olympics (counting Summer and Winter), USA won only 4 (1984, 1996, 2000, 2004). So much for "every"

isnT that about 4 more then your country???

Yeah, 4 more. Next time I create a thread where I claim to win every Olympic, you can remind me of it.

The fact that you're comparing now USA's olympic team with Argentina's "team" (it's not a team, it's a group of athletes without decent government support), is laughable

Around the Network

The other thing I find absurd is that the guy that had lots of golden medals had just to win a race to get one while in 2004 Nicolas Massu had to play several tennis matches(singles and doubles) to get just 2, or football teams having to play a lot of matches to just get one.

kowenicki said:
Pyro as Bill said:
kowenicki said:

Well as others have said, you didnt win the last one...   Top 5:

Rank  Nation   Gold   Silver   Bronze   Total  
1  China (CHN) 51 21 28 100
2  United States (USA) 36 38 36 110
3  Russia (RUS) 23 21 28 72
4  Great Britain (GBR) 19 13 15 47
5  Germany (GER) 16 10 15 41

Interestingly if you pro rata for population... we Brits absolutley spanked you!!!

US population is 5 times the UK

If they were still British they could have 100 Golds at least. They should be thanking us and our Olympian stock for inventing them. I bet Australia is high on that list too.

Rank  Nation   Gold   Silver   Bronze   Total  
1  China (CHN) 51 21 28 100
2  United States (USA) 36 38 36 110
3  Russia (RUS) 23 21 28 72
4  Great Britain (GBR) 19 13 15 47
5  Germany (GER) 16 10 15 41
6  Australia (AUS) 14 15 17 46
7  South Korea (KOR) 13 10 8 31
8  Japan (JPN) 9 6 11 26
9  Italy (ITA) 8 9 10 27
10  France (FRA) 7 16 18 41

We should pardon the Australians and let them come back home. Send Scotland on a summer holiday down under but keep the women's curling team.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Because America is filled with really cool dudes that doesn't afraid of anything.

zexen_lowe said:
gaming_addict24 said:
zexen_lowe said:
NiKKoM said:
zexen_lowe said:

This thread is pointless, last Olympics were won by China (and with a huge margin over the US), that kinda discredits all your point. Even funnier, the last Winter olympics weren't either won by the US, they were won by Germany

Just to add salt in the wound.. when the winter olympics was in Salt Lake City 2002.. the US was third..

Even more, of the last 20 Olympics (counting Summer and Winter), USA won only 4 (1984, 1996, 2000, 2004). So much for "every"

Yeah, 4 more. Next time I create a thread where I claim to win every Olympic, you can remind me of it.

The fact that you're comparing now USA's olympic team with Argentina's "team" (it's not a team, it's a group of athletes without decent government support), is laughable

indeed my friend. thatss the best statment ive heard in years.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
gaming_addict24 said:
zexen_lowe said:
NiKKoM said:
zexen_lowe said:

Well, I dont think thats the point, he could say his country has won 2 World cups which are more important.

lol world cups. now thats a joke!!!

Are we only counting countries that achieve the most gold medals? Maybe its me, but that is a pretty strange way to count the winner, given that the US had more medals that China did in 2008.

And having said that, the US has been pretty crummy when it comes to winter olympics. If the US wins this year, it'll be the first time in either a long time, if not the first in history.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

zexen_lowe said:
gaming_addict24 said:
zexen_lowe said:
NiKKoM said:
zexen_lowe said:

o and yeah make the thread please!!!!

mrstickball said:
Are we only counting countries that achieve the most gold medals? Maybe its me, but that is a pretty strange way to count the winner, given that the US had more medals that China did in 2008.

And having said that, the US has been pretty crummy when it comes to winter olympics. If the US wins this year, it'll be the first time in either a long time, if not the first in history.

amen to that brother lol

Oh yeah, those are going on right now, aren't they? The only thing I've heard anything about was Pedobear being one of the mascots.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...