By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - why do the UNITED STATES win every olympics???

why do the UNITED STATES win every olympics???

they have the best athletes. 6 25.00%

the people of the united ... 2 8.33%

its just the way of life. 0 0%

the united states is just awesome. 4 16.67%

the united states has the best army. 5 20.83%

the united states is the ... 7 29.17%

Total:24
tombi123 said:
Well USA will never win another one in your lifetime. It's Chinas now.

lol keep watching the winter olympics

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
zexen_lowe said:

This thread is pointless, last Olympics were won by China (and with a huge margin over the US), that kinda discredits all your point. Even funnier, the last Winter olympics weren't either won by the US, they were won by Germany

Just to add salt in the wound.. when the winter olympics was in Salt Lake City 2002.. the US was third..

Even more, of the last 20 Olympics (counting Summer and Winter), USA won only 4 (1984, 1996, 2000, 2004). So much for "every"

A few minutes ago Maria Riesch (GER) won the gold medal in Ladies' Super Combined Alpine Skiing and Lindsay Vonn DNF. These two are the world's best two female Alpine skiers at the moment. Both deserved their gold medals (Vonn won the downhil race yesterday). Good to see Sweden's Anja Pärson win a medal, as well, after her hard crash yesterday.

More OT: No, USA don't win every olympics, but I have to admit the US team impresses at Vancouver so far. Julia Mancuso, for example. She won two unexpected silver medals in Alpine Skiing yesterday and today, very impressive.

They are one of the best(they dont win every olympics) because they have a combination of good training facilities and a huge population, people can dedicate themselves to sports and actually win money, or can study a career and be sporstman at the same time, and with a higher population there are higher chances to get good guys.

Here at least, few athletes can be truly profesional because that doesnt give money, and if you want to be a sportsman, the best thing you can do is play football or tennis(if you already have a bit of money because traveling is expensive and federations dont have much money to give).

So, from the few countries that have the conditions to practice a wide variaty of sports and win money, have good facilities, etc... USA has one of the biggest populations so that would explain it. But, they still have to get better at football :P

well the US had more medals than china and the chinese are cheaters. so the US won the last summer olympics. how about the chinese scrubbing all information about thier gymnasts real ages from the internet?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Genetically superior, baby!

zexen_lowe said:
NiKKoM said:
zexen_lowe said:

This thread is pointless, last Olympics were won by China (and with a huge margin over the US), that kinda discredits all your point. Even funnier, the last Winter olympics weren't either won by the US, they were won by Germany

Just to add salt in the wound.. when the winter olympics was in Salt Lake City 2002.. the US was third..

Even more, of the last 20 Olympics (counting Summer and Winter), USA won only 4 (1984, 1996, 2000, 2004). So much for "every"

isnT that about 4 more then your country???

gaming_addict24 said:
zexen_lowe said:
NiKKoM said:
zexen_lowe said:

isnT that about 4 more then your country???

Well, I dont think thats the point, he could say his country has won 2 World cups which are more important.

kowenicki said:

Well as others have said, you didnt win the last one...   Top 5:

Rank  Nation   Gold   Silver   Bronze   Total  
1  China (CHN) 51 21 28 100
2  United States (USA) 36 38 36 110
3  Russia (RUS) 23 21 28 72
4  Great Britain (GBR) 19 13 15 47
5  Germany (GER) 16 10 15 41

Interestingly if you pro rata for population... we Brits absolutley spanked you!!!

US population is 5 times the UK

If they were still British they could have 100 Golds at least. They should be thanking us and our Olympian stock for inventing them. I bet Australia is high on that list too.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

zexen_lowe said:

true. The real question is why does the home team usually win do really well? The answer is they can afford to send the most atheletes, and therefore have the best chance of winning something. Also, home teams tend to also be in countries with enough capital that people can afford to be dedicated atheletes and make a living (or have a wife/husband working to support them)

The reason that the US may win the most golds in Canada will be because Canada is the 51st state

EDIT: so I guess the home team doesn't always win, but they typically do pretty dang good.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)