By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 360 + PS3 Tied for # of AAA games

theprof00 said:
nightsurge said:
Looks to me like 360 has 27:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

And PS3 only has 19:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

Even if you go down to 88+ assuming some sort of margin of error, its still 51 for 360 and only 34 for PS3...

we are not using metacritic anymore ;-P

I saw we aren't using gamerankings anymore since they are so skewed

Around the Network

You guys actually waste your time with games rated 90 and 95? If you only count AAAAA exclusives (97 and up on Metacritic, as defined by me right now), Wii has Super Mario Galaxy, 360 has zip, and PS3 has zilch.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
You guys actually waste your time with games rated 90 and 95? If you only count AAAAA exclusives (97 and up on Metacritic, as defined by me right now), Wii has Super Mario Galaxy, 360 has zip, and PS3 has zilch.

Actually the Xbox 360 and the PS3 would have GTAIV, which is a longer game than SMG.

You just debunked the Wii's existence based on AAAAA titles.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Theres a lot of stuff I disagree with on this. First dont think you can say a game is AAA just because it get above a certain rating on a certain site. Second, why do GOTY editions count as separate games? (and what gives LBP GOTY a better score than regular LBP).

Theres also several games on that list I woundnt consider AAA because I either dont think they are up to it (Geometry Wars) or because they dont have the massive following or userbase (Ghost Recon), because they have yearly releases (FIFA 10) or because they are dying out (Guitar Hero).
Thats my opinion but its hard to say what exactly a game has to be to be AAA

SuperAdrianK said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
ROFL @ the last 2 comments form 360 fanboys!!

Bu bu but green burg said we got teh exclusives!!!!!

Thats impossible!!!!

The J man thought that developers like sony more....JUST ASK SONY!!!!

Meh, I wish Nintendo said something.

Nintendo did say something

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
Theres a lot of stuff I disagree with on this. First dont think you can say a game is AAA just because it get above a certain rating on a certain site. Second, why do GOTY editions count as separate games? (and what gives LBP GOTY a better score than regular LBP).

Theres also several games on that list I woundnt consider AAA because I either dont think they are up to it (Geometry Wars) or because they dont have the massive following or userbase (Ghost Recon), because they have yearly releases (FIFA 10) or because they are dying out (Guitar Hero).
Thats my opinion but its hard to say what exactly a game has to be to be AAA

Goty editions usually come straight with all the updates, all the downloadable content ($$$) and more at a cheaper price.

Garnett said:
SuperAdrianK said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
ROFL @ the last 2 comments form 360 fanboys!!

Bu bu but green burg said we got teh exclusives!!!!!

Thats impossible!!!!

The J man thought that developers like sony more....JUST ASK SONY!!!!

Meh, I wish Nintendo said something.

Nintendo did say something

God, I swear I saw someone with an avatar with that, how could I forget (the picture looks funnier when its bigger, though) 

We only use Metacritic for fanboy list wars. According to Metacritic 360 has 27 games that have AAA ranking. PS3 has only 19 games that have AAA ranking.

Metaccritic>>>>Game rankings.

starcraft said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Actually the Xbox 360 and the PS3 would have GTAIV, which is a longer game than SMG.

You just debunked the Wii's existence based on AAAAA titles.

That game's not an exclusive.  It's available on 3 platforms.  There is only one AAAAA exclusive this generation, Super Mario Galaxy.

Last generation the PS2 had zero AAAAA exclusives, XBox had 1 (Halo), GameCube had 1 (Metroid Prime), and DreamCast had 2 (NFL 2K1 and Soulcalibur).

This thread summarises the elements of VGchartz I hate so much.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?