By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Exclusive titles on the way out Sony claims

disolitude said:

Its funny to read this...especially after Metro 2033(THQ), Splinter Cell Conviction(Ubisoft) and Mass Effect 2(EA) are coming out for the 360 with no PS3 versions in sight.

Not to mention the exclusive content for lost planet 2, dead rising 2 and sonic All star racing that is going to the 360.

MS paid for Splinter Cell like four years ago, back when the situation was entirely different.

Had they decided to make Splinter Cell today, it'd be a lot harder for MS to bargain for an exclusivity deal.  Which is the point Dyer's trying to make.  Hence why Bioshock, Lost Planet, and others were all timed exclusive (initially thought to be 100% exclusive), but their sequels are not.

As for Mass Effect 2, nobody really knows what's going on behind the scenes there, and Metro 2033 is just another quick PC > 360 port by a struggling, no-name developer.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:

Its funny to read this...especially after Metro 2033(THQ), Splinter Cell Conviction(Ubisoft) and Mass Effect 2(EA) are coming out for the 360 with no PS3 versions in sight.

Not to mention the exclusive content for lost planet 2, dead rising 2 and sonic All star racing that is going to the 360.

Though none of them are actually exclusives....

Techincally they are not 360 exclusives. But both you and me know that MS gets the licensing check for every copy those games will sell, regardless of the platform. So we can call them Microsoft exclusives?

There are no licensing fees to put a product on Windows.  It's an open platform.

makingmusic476 said:

MS paid for Splinter Cell like four years ago, back when the situation was entirely different.

Paid for, my ass. MS and Ubi have a link of the heart!

makingmusic476 said:
disolitude said:

Had they decided to make Splinter Cell today, it'd be a lot harder for MS to bargain for an exclusivity deal.  Which is the point Dyer's trying to make.  Hence why Bioshock, Lost Planet, and others were all timed exclusive (initially thought to be 100% exclusive), but their sequels are not.

As for Mass Effect 2, nobody really knows what's going on behind the scenes there, and Metro 2033 is just another quick PC > 360 port by a struggling, no-name developer.

Its nice of you to pick the exclusives that got ported...I joined this site over 2 years ago and back then it was "Air Combat 6, Dead Rising, Lost planet and Bioshock are all times exclusives". 2 out of 4 made it over to PS3...over a year later...moral victory possibly?

I am not saying some ports won't come. But I don't know if playing a game a year later is something I would brag about if I was sony executive.

As long as MS has better dev tools, cash to spend and are helping devs get their product on the platform, they will get 3rd party exclusives. Even if they are temporary...

Also, Metro 2033 comment is completely uneducated...the developper is new...not "struggling" and consists of members that did the STALKER games. It will easily do 75% on metacritic...

libellule said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
Well then Sony should really be getting their fingers out and start to advertise FFXIII on the PS3 then! I mean i know the game is already associated with the console but advertising can't hurt

ADVERTISING CAN HURT !

advertising is money, Sony has no money to lose on very hardcore/niche game like FF that people are decided to purchase YEARS AGO when the title was announced based only on the name "FF".

I mean :  Sony will have an ad campaign for FF XIII but I would prefer them to save money for Heavy Rain or GoW3 ... 

Yeah Final Fantasy XIII is big enough to carry itself. It won't have a CoD:MW2 launch, but for the genre that it is. The people who are going to buy this game decided years ago.

Heavy Rain, ModNation Racers, MAG, etc. They need campaigns to get people to know about them.

Videos on PSN don't help all that much. They need to be going after the people who don't already have a PS3, that don't pay attention to what's coming up next.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:

Though none of them are actually exclusives....

Techincally they are not 360 exclusives. But both you and me know that MS gets the licensing check for every copy those games will sell, regardless of the platform. So we can call them Microsoft exclusives?

There are no licensing fees to put a product on Windows.  It's an open platform.

My mistake... I forgot the main reason why Windows spanks OSX when it comes to software development.

makingmusic476 said:
disolitude said:

I have never heard this. Do you have a link tha proves this? 

A_Familiar_Stranger said:
makingmusic476 said:
disolitude said:

Simple logic.  The franchise has already appeared on ps3 in the form of Double Agent, yet the next installment suddenly goes exclusive?  In an age where everything is multiplat?  Yeah, there was money involved.

But if you must have a link, how about one from Joystiq:

When asked if the ambitious Xbox 360 and PC stealth title was exclusive in the really real sense, producer Alex Parizeau simply stated, "It's exclusive," and admitted that it was a business arrangement with Microsoft.

makingmusic476 said:
A_Familiar_Stranger said:

Simple logic.  The franchise has already appeared on ps3 in the form of Double Agent, yet the next installment suddenly goes exclusive?  In an age where everything is multiplat?  Yeah, there was money involved.

But if you must have a link, how about one from Joystiq:

When asked if the ambitious Xbox 360 and PC stealth title was exclusive in the really real sense, producer Alex Parizeau simply stated, "It's exclusive," and admitted that it was a business arrangement with Microsoft.

Simple logic would dictate that it would be a timed exclusive like many of the Splinter Cells.

And your link says nothing about it being paid for four years ago as an exclusive. Just that there are "business arrangements" 

themanwithnoname said:
So EA just gave the PS3 the collector's edition of Dante's Inferno out of the kindness of their heart? Yeah I'm sure...

Again, this guy shot his credibility when he said the PS3 was going to pass the 360 in the US.

anyone with common sense and knowledge knows this isnt sony paying developers more money for more content. its developers doing it on their own to attract old/new people to buy that version again in a different console. this is why alot of people are saying MS paying for time exclusives are working in sonys favor. ms funds these games to get a 1 year exclusivity and then it makes it ways over to the ps3 without costing sony with more content on the disk. sony isnt going to fund third parties they are doing something better funding actual first party exclusives that will always remain a ps3 only game. in fact ms dropping 50 million dollars for time exclusives piles up the more they pay using this stragity. remember just because gt4 episodes revenue 100 milions dollars doesnt mean all of that goes to ms. they probably just get 10-15% the rest all goes to rockstar and take two. sony is using that money ms is wasting for third parties time exclusives to fund their first party companies. which most of all the revenue will go back to sony