By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you scared of death?

Are you scared of death?

Yes 13 18.06%

No 37 51.39%

I like boobs, but yes... 11 15.28%

Death...please...doesn't exist 4 5.56%

Maybe 7 9.72%

Total:72

I'm only worried about dying without dignity.

Around the Network

No, death comes to everyone so you might as well not worry about that shit

Oh yes I am scared. I can only hope as a person that I am meant for something important, something bigger than me before I die.
I think the real fear is the fear of disappearing and the world going on like you have never existed at all.
But that's why you've got to go knock up a woman.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Everyone is unless they have a mental condition. And if you say you aren't either you have a mental condition or your blowing smoke.

gurglesletch said:
Everyone is unless they have a mental condition. And if you say you aren't either you have a mental condition or  you are Leonidas.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Kirameo said:
bimmylee said:
c0rd said:
bimmylee said:

I believe the answer is that there's more to it than this. There's a bigger picture than just living life, being good, and dying; what a miserable, hopeless existence that sounds like. After all, some people have no family... some people have no friends... some people have no hope of accomplishment or recognition... some people are born blind and deaf!! What "difference" can they possibly hope to make in the world? Are their lives meaningless? Is your life any more meaningful than theirs? By the measuring sticks of "making a difference" or "being remembered" "or living because my family and friends love me," the answer is most likely yes. But does that feel right to you? To me, it definitely does not. It only makes sense for there to be something else.

Something more...

Ha, that's funny. I did feel the same way, for a while, until I gave it a little more thought. At one point I was pretty depressed when thinking about how my life probably wouldn't amount to much.

Now, I don't think that sounds miserable or hopeless, though. As long as one enjoys life, there's nothing miserable or hopeless about it, regardless of what happens after they die. I know I'm enjoying myself, and I probably won't leave much of my own mark on this world (doubt I'll have kids, for one). As for people without friends, accomplishments, the blind or the deaf, it's fine as they're not exempt from happiness, if this is anything to go by.

It may sound crazy, but realizing that "life is meaningless" has been quite a relief for me. That may be an odd way to word it, but it's probably how most people would think about my views (I'm atheist, of course).

Of course, since I'm enjoying my life and I have no idea what awaits me afterwards (if anything), I prefer to stay alive. For this reason, I fear death, but I'm unsure to what extent (Would I sacrifice myself for others? Would I panic in a life or death situation? I couldn't say).

For any given person, there's really no guarantee that life can be "enjoyed." There are homeless people in very poor parts of the world who are struggling just to survive every day. You would agree that there are some people in the world whose lives aren't enjoyable, no matter what they do, yes? For these people, there is no hope if you don't look further than the things of this earth. And that is certainly a miserable, hopeless existence.

c0rd, let's say hypothetically that one day you suddenly lost everything. And I mean everything...

Family and friends? All gone. They no longer exist. In fact, you're hated by most people.

Money? You haven't a penny. You're lucky to have the clothes on your back.

Sex? Not only are you sterile, you're completely impotent as well.

Shelter? You have nowhere to live, nor will anyone take you in. And it's the dead of winter.

Education? You are mocked by society for your overall scholastic incompetence. Strangers scoff at your poor grammar when you beg them for money.

You get the idea. Is it an unlikely scenario? To Americans like us, of course it is. But there are people out there who fit every one of the aforementioned descriptions. Probably many more than any of us realize. Will you say to them, "as long as you enjoy life, you won't be miserable"? When this world offers them nothing from which to derive any sort of "enjoyment", what can they do? Where do they turn?

The desire to go on and make a better life, no matter what it takes, is for me what drives my actions and makes me happy, and nothing can take that away. The position in which you are stuck doesn't matter at all, because any change that you can achieve will make you happy. Just like the first payment of a person who has been jobless for a long time will make a change. I hope I make my point clear. No matter what your position is, any step forward is a reason to be happy. And there's nothing that can prevent that, unless you have psychological disorders. 

That's my opinion anyways.

What if your government is extremely oppressive, and is severely persecuting you and/or "keeping you down"? What if the position you're in actually does matter? I know I'm really playing the devil's advocate in this discussion, but these are real situations. And what if you do have a psychological disorder? Are you just up a creek without a paddle? Are you just screwed out of any chance of happiness? If so, why live?

Here's my point:

There will always be people who don't/can't meet these tangible, relative criteria of "making changes" or "making a difference" or whatever. They're just not capable of doing it, due to whatever circumstances they are in. If they want true happiness, they are the first (but not the only) to realize that they can't get/find it on their own... they need help. They need intervention. They need someone capable of doing things in their lives that they simply cannot accomplish in their own strength. I think you see where I'm going with this.

Check out my band, (the) Fracture Suit!!

http://www.myspace.com/fracturesuit

Have you been enslaved?

NinjaguyDan said:
daiyumn said:
It's the pain that leads to death that I'm scared of not death itself, and I don't believe in heaven.

Been there, done that. It's really nothing.

Depends on how you die, doesn't it?

not if i go when i'm done here. only got one shot on this wee planet of ours, and isn't it funny that all of us here, right now, are on it at the same time?

i think that's special : )

and it means that we should all go have fun while we're here. cos if i've done everything that i ever wanted to do, when the time comes for me to run out of batteries then i'll be ready for it.

experience everything, regret nothing and have one hell of a party. then there's no reason to be scared.

but there's something inside me telling me that i'll live forever. that would be cool.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

If you die you die...

I haven't got any problems with death yet so I am not a bit scared. He seems like a nice guy though, because he holds the world in balance...

Eh, when I die, I die, that's how I see it, at least. I mean, I won't be around to care! My only fear is that it's a slow and painful death. If I go peacefully in my sleep, it'll be a happy death. (Well, as happy as death can be, anyway...)

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...