By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 5 most overlooked Nintendo Wii exclusives

Although the Nintendo Wii is the fastest-selling video game system ever, not all the games benefit from the hardware’s success. This is because Nintendo’s first-party lineup often overshadows the other titles. Here are the top five most overlooked Nintendo Wii exclusives so far.

5. Excitebots: Trick Racing

Sequel to the Nintendo Wii launch title, Excite Truck, Excitebots: Trick Racing is an unconventional racing game where you blaze through race courses using transforming vehicles. In addition to the crazy power-ups and mini-game, this Nintendo Wii exclusive also have six online multiplayer modes. Unfortunately, Excitebots: Trick Racing was a hard game to advertise even for Nintendo; thus, it ended up selling poorly.

4. A Boy and His Blob

A remake of sorts to the original 1989 NES game of the same name, A Boy and His Blob is a 2D platformer based around utilizing your pet blob to transform into different objects in order to fight enemies and solve puzzles. Along with the unique gameplay, the lush graphics also adds plenty of personality to the Nintendo Wii exclusive. Being a fall release, however, resulted in A Boy and His Blob being overlooked.

3. Little King's Story

This unique exclusive game for the Nintendo Wii features two different types of play styles. If you aren’t building your kingdom from starch, you will be leading your troops to epic battles in addition to treasure hunting. Although it may have taken certain elements from other titles, Little King's Story feels original. Even so, many gamers on the Nintendo Wii decided to ignore it.

2. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

One of the main selling points for the Nintendo has been its motion control scheme. Few games have shown this feature off better than Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. The adventure game uses the Wii Remote in many unique and creative ways to solve puzzles. Despite the great review scores, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure did not garner any interests from the general public.

1. Muramasa: The Demon Blade

From the developers of the critically-acclaimed Odin Sphere on the Playstation 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a stylish 2D action-RPG with spectacular 2D visuals based around Japanese mythology. Having multiple playing styles, two playable characters and plenty of weapons adds plenty of depth and substance to the flashy action. Because it caters to a niche audience, however, Muramasa: The Demon Blade had a hard time selling. Even so, it is still one of the best games on the Nintendo Wii.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m2d16-Top-5-most-overlooked-Nintendo-Wii-exclusives

Around the Network

I couldn't have made this list better myself. Muramasa had one of the greatest art styles I've ever seen in a video game and gameplay was very fun and addictive. It definitely should have sold more.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

i have 3/5 of those games, not bad :)

Personally, I think Zack and Wiki deserves the number 1 spot. It's a very creative game that utilized the wii mote well

I agree with all of those, though I wouldn't call them 'overlooked' so much as 'undersold'.

Many people online are actually the ones who bought the game, because they are the only ones who knew they existed. It was actually 'regular' people who don't buy these games.

Also, I'd replace Excitebots: Trick Racing with Dragon Quest Swords.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

not really overlooked, just didn't sell as much as expected, they got alot of Media attention and muramasa won alot of awards.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I've got one of those (Muramasa), but LKS and Zack and Wiki are still on my 'to buy" list and I'm gonna borrow A Boy and his Blob from my mate.

agree with 1 & 4.

Muramasa sold about 180.000. I think these are good sales for this type of game.

My list of overlooked games:

1. Boom Blox Smash Party
2. Pikmin 1+2 & Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (much better with Wii controls!)
3. Cursed Mountain (I love the intense atmosphere in this game)
4. Little Kings Story (also I don't find this great THAT great, it is a nice game)
5. Sword & Soldiers (one of the best WiiWare games)

@ z101

It's Boom Blox BASH party, how do you know that Swords and Soldiers was underlooked? And DK JungleBeat for Wii is not near as awesome as the GameCube game was...

Anyway, nice list, from those 5 I only have Zack & Wiki, but I want to buy the other 4 (specially A boy and his blob).