By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you like Smash brothers?

So I was wondering. What make's you enjoy Smash? What make's you keep playing it? What's the most importaint asspect of the game to you?

For me, it's gotta be the multiplayer. Love playing it with friends. Can't really get this excitement from other fighting games (as much as I love Tatsunoko vs Capcom).

Oh, and to make it more interesting, what would you add to Smash bros if you could?

Around the Network

All of my favorite video game character is one game and you get to fight it out. Best multi player game ever; tons of fun playing with family/ friends.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Becuase it's a fighting+platform game. Also adds luck to the game so a beginner and an expert can have fun playing together. Plus, it has Mario!

If I could, I want to add a Mii-like character that has customizable moves.

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

it's fun?

It has a great difficulty curve that allows for continued improvement. It can be as simple as a button masher or as complex as any other fighter (if not more complex) thanks to the metagame. At the same time, it allows you to control the amount of luck involved for players of different skill levels.

Around the Network

Peach kicks ass!

Other than that, I really like the fighting mechanics, getting an awesome off-stage kill is so satisfying so is recovering when your opponent thought he had killed you for sure.

Signature goes here!

O-D-C said:
it's fun?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Competition, my friends and I have played over 15,000 4-stock matches in Melee, and we keep adding to it.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Man where to begin..I'll actually keep it brief. Its a very spontaneous game. Every match is different. Every player is different. Its a chess match a dance of the wits. Its got that arcade gameplay.

What would I add? More character balance more representation of the characters in the game. Like say a legend of zelda level in a fairy fountain, shit like that. But honestly, that game is pretty flawless to me. Its been 2 yrs since release and I'm still having a blast with it.

I mean how many games can reach 10m..let alone a fighting game..its a special game.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

i like it because im really competitive and hate to lose, so i love kicking everyones ass