By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madworld to hit 500k?

I think these will be fairly decent sales. Should put a stop to all these "flop" insinuations that have been flying around. I remember when 500K was the most popular prediction for it before it came out. Looks like it will eventually reach that magic milestone. Dunno if the publisher/dev will be pleased with these numbers as  i think i read somewhere on this site the devs were disappointed with the sales of this game. Well i saw in a thread on this site it had reached over 400k so i checked the site numbers and it's presently at 410k without Japanese release. I know we can't expect Japan LTD to reach 90k but i think it will be a slow crawl to 500k with low 1,000's of sales elsewhere. Hoping it will have some sorts of legs in Japan too. So we may have to wait for Publisher numbers to see if it goes gold but i think it is likely. Wonder if the Publishers/devs will be pleased if/when it goes gold? Good game, it deserves it. 

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

It will probably ship 500k before the fiscal year ends, at least.

Shame for Stof it didn't do it quicker!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

"I think these will be fairly decent sales. Should put a stop to all these "flop" insinuations that have been flying around."

Not really, since there are a) Wii haters who use it as made-up proof core games don't sell on it, and b) those that think the game should have sold far better because they think odd art styles are mainstream (why they also don't get why No More Heroes and Chinatown Wars didn't sell millions).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Surely though when it goes gold though it will make a difference? No? Hasn't Chinatown wars hit 1m on the DS? Thought it had.

Around the Network

Maybe eventually, but Japan won't help much (like 30k MAX). I think it's probably overtracked here a bit too honestly.

peachbuggy said:
Surely though when it goes gold though it will make a difference? No? Hasn't Chinatown wars hit 1m on the DS? Thought it had.

Chinatown Wars is very close to 1 million (within 50,000 units) and it sells about 6k every week, so it will make it soon.

Interest was already expressed in a Madworld 2 by the producer I believe (can't remember the guy's specific position). In terms of sales, Madworld is at 420k, and sells about ~3.5k every week, so it could hit 500k by the beginning of August. However, now that it has a Japanese release (20k shipment, 5k first day, assuming ~8.5k first week) it will reach the mark a little bit faster.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The sad part is most of these sales are probably from the bargain bin. But still 500k is possible. As much as ppl deride this game.. its got personality and thats saying a lot for most 3rd party wii games!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

"The sad part is most of these sales are probably from the bargain bin."

But not unexpected. Short games with almost no replay value are not worth full price.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Yeah... MadWorld really should've launched at $39.99 max. The value proposition really isn't there.