By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Medal of Honor Heroes 2 or RE: Umbrella Chronicles

Anyone who has played both games have any opinions on either game, and which one is better?

Around the Network

personally i would pick up RE: Umbrella chronicles just because i'm a RE fanboy, but i still don't justify its 49.99 price tag

I've never fully enjoyed any medal of honor game i've played, call of duty series have been much better overall

thats true. thanks

Ok, though I've played neither, here's my take on it:

Both games seem to be awesome for two very different reasons. RE:UC seems to be getting good reviews based on it's moody atmosphere, great story and overall feel. Where as Medal of Honor is getting good reviews based on it's controls.

Now the kind of things that RE:UC have are unique to the game itself. A games over all feeling isn't as easy to transplant from one game to the next. But the controls in MoH will very likely be duplicated in almost every FPS to follow. So I'm going to be getting Umbrella Chronicles when it comes out to enjoy that game. And I'll wait to enjoy the MoH controls when they've been transplanted in a game that isn't set in god damned World War 2!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

EGM didn't like RE: UC
They said, "Bottom Line: Doesn't do much for lightgun games or the Resident Evil legacy."
EGM Special Holiday Issue

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

RE:UC isnt out yet. So no one has played it. But I will definitely pick up RE:UC because im a big fan of the series. Ive been thinking about MOH because a lot of people have reviewed it well, but im not a huge fan of FPS games. Although COD4 got amazing reviews and I heard it is amazing if you are into that stuff.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

You should just do that toysRus deal where you buy 2 wii games and get one free. Then you can get both and rabbids 2 ^^. At least that's my plan... even though I don't have the funds for it.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

RE:UC looks great, I've seen about 80 minutes of gameplay (from the beginning) and it look so fun. There is a lot of stuff to pick up and a few routes in each level, the weapon customisation looks cool too.

I getting MoHH2 for the Multiplayer. I'm Gameflying UC because I don't think the game will get much use after I see all of the story and have played it at least once. If it had online co-op...

Most story driven games get played maybe two or three times (at the most) depending on how fun the game actually is. From what I gather UC is going to be one of those games you play once for the story and twice for the extra content. Eventhough I like the RE series I don't see me coming back to play it a second time until at least enough time passes that I can pick up a used copy for under 20 bucks.

There are multiple paths rasone, on every level, you'll play it more than twice. And don't bet on picking everything up on the first two tries.