By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FFXIII marketed as a 360 exclusive o.O

Netyaroze said:
Soonerman said:
Netyaroze said:
Soonerman said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
To people saying its no big deal and it happened with other games -

FFXIII was once a PS3 exclusive and the franchise as a whole is more related to PS...so this is a pretty fail move by Sony...

At this point I'm going to ignore the overused "Final Fantasy was originally a Nintendo franchise." Instead, I will say this..... Nintendo has more Final Fantasy games on their platforms than Sony platforms! Now, how's that for a fun fact!

Are you sure about that ? Because I dont think so. There are more FF games on Sony platforms then on Nintendo platforms.
First the mainline:

Nintendo:

FF1

FF2

FF3

FF4

FF5

FF6

Couple of remakes for DS of the same gamesAnd 2xFF Tactics for GA plus Crystal Chronicles 

Sony:

FF7

FF8

FF9

FF10

(FFX-2)

FF11

FF12

FF13

(soon FF14)

(soon FFvs13)

Then we have remakes for PS

FF1

FF2

FF4

FF5

FF6

2xFinal Fantasy Tactics for PS1/PSP

Its clear that on Sony plays a much much bigger role for FF then Nintendo look at the sales numbers the numbers of titles in every discipline is Sony the winner when it goes to FF.Nintendo got the same games again but Sony has ALL of them except Crystal Chronicles which is no big loss in my eyes. But Nintendo is missing more then 50% of the main line. Final Fantasy is a Sony franchise.

And I dont really care about the fact that MS is making Advertisment without mentioning Sony (seems logical) Sony has FFvs13. I dont know why but I had right from the start the feeling it will be the superior game. And thats all I care for. Also Square will soon see that the Playstation is Final Fantasys home.

Funny how you do count the remakes for Sony consoles yet you don't count all the remakes for Nintendo plus the Crystal Chronicle series and also the FF Magic Quest series and the Tactics series!. Also, when was FF3 released for Sony consoles? I know they have the 2 disc CD with FF5 and Final Fantasy 6 and another with FF1 & 2. 

Funny how you havent noticed that I did not listed FF3 for Playstation.

FF Origins is FF1 and FF2 FF Anthology is Final Fantasy 4 and 5 and FF6 was released as extra game so Sony is missing just FF3 like I wrote in my List. I have mentioned Crystal Chronicles and FF Tactics. Read my list again. And ofcourse the remakes on DS. But I have obviously listed just the main line. 

I also respond to the other guy who has quoted me:

What I wanted to say is that you would have by far the most complete Final Fantasy experience on Playstation. Final fantasy is not a Sony only franchise but if there is a home for FF then it is definetly the Playstation.

With a PS3 with BC you can play all parts of main FF exept FF3. Also there are the most parts which you can play only exclusively on Playstations. If you look how much FF sold on Sony consoles compared to Nintendo or other consoles you would notice that easily 75% of all FF ever sold are for Playstation. 

Make a List and even if you count all spin offs you would see that Sony got the most games. 

Total Final Fantasy countdown by Sony and Nintendo including all rereleases of games to all their platforms for each company:

Nintedo: 26

Sony: 19

You can go count them yourself! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_media

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:

What I wanted to say is that you would have by far the most complete Final Fantasy experience on Playstation. Final fantasy is not a Sony only franchise but if there is a home for FF then it is definetly the Playstation.

Well recounting from the link post above, I actually get 25 for Sony and 28 for Nintendo (Not counting any of the remakes or re-releases for either, e.g. FF1 on NES and GBA counts only as 1 for Nintendo). Now of course you miss out on 1/2 of the main series with Nintendo, but you get none of the Crystal Chronicles series at all with Sony. As I said before, if you only want to look at the main series, then sure, call it for Sony, but there is still a lot of Final Fantasy out there on other platforms and I defintely wouldn't say its at home on the Playstation.

Soonerman said:

Total Final Fantasy countdown by Sony and Nintendo including all rereleases of games to all their platforms for each company:

Nintedo: 26

Sony: 19

You can go count them yourself! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_media

maybe but there is a mayor difference. Nintendo is mostly rereleases and Sony has different titles you can count 3 times the same game but its not the same like  3 completly different games.
The quality of the titles is completly different. 
The fact remains that Nintendo is just missing so much titles whereas Sony has them all (except one) And also look at the sold units 3 quarter are just from Sony. There is simply no comparision take the amount of money square invested in the developing of the titles.
if there is a Home for FF then it is definetly the Playstation you cant deny that. FF7 FF8 FF9 FFX FFX-2 FFXII its a whole decade. Also FFXIII is not available on Nintendo Platforms. And also not FFXIV or VS13.
You have remakes on Nintendo platforms but Sonys titles are actualy always a new game.
Sonys 19 Final Fantasy titles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nintendos 26 Titles. Because Sony contains the best of them plus adds new ones. 

maybe but there is a mayor difference. Nintendo is mostly rereleases plus Crystal chronicles. 

The quality of the titles is completly different. 

The fact remains that Nintendo is just missing so much titles whereas Sony has them all (except one) And also look at the sold units 3 quarter are just from Sony. There is simply no comparision just take for example the amount of money square invested in the developing of the titles.

if there is a Home for FF then it is definetly the Playstation you cant deny that. FF7 FF8 FF9 FFX FFX-2 FFXII its a whole decade. Also FFXIII is not available on Nintendo Platforms. And also not FFXIV or VS13.

Sonys Final Fantasy titles>Nintendos Titles. Because Sony contains the best of them plus adds new ones. 

And crystal Chronicles is really nothing big, nice but all of them combined are not as important as one of the main line. 

I listed the titles:

Main Series

FF1 NES/GBA/PS/PSP

FF2 NES/GBA/PS/PSP

FF3 NES/DS

FF4  DS/SNES/GBA/PS

FF5 SNES/GBA/PS

FF6 SNES/PS/GBA

FF7 PS

FF8 PS

FF9 PS

FF10 PS2

FFX-2 PS2

FFXI PS2

FFXII PS2

FFXIII PS3

Spin Offs and other FF related games

FF Tactics PSP/PS

FF Tactics GBA

FF Tactics Lions PSP

FF Tactics A2 DS

FF4 after years Wii ware

Dirge of cerberus PS2

Crisis Core PSP

FFXII Revenant Wings DS

FF Legends GB

FF Adventures GB

Mystic Quest SNES

Dissidia PSP

FF Gaiden NDS

Crystal Bearers PSN/WII

Chocobo Games

Chocobo Dungeon 1 PS

Chocobo Dungeon 2 PS

Chocobo Racing PS

Chocobo Dice PS/GBA

Chocobo Tales NDS

Chocobos Dungeon Wii

Cid and Chocobos Dungeon DS

Chocobo 2008 NDS

Crystal Chronicles

6 times Nintendo

If we take the DS remakes in account which are practically a new game we have about 28 different Nintendo games. And 23 different Sony games. But look at those games Nintendo wins because of the spin offs and low budget games. Games which most people never heard of that is just no comparision to the titles for the Playstation. Ofcourse they have some great remakes on DS and some legendary exclusive NES/SNES games, but if we subtract the trash Sony would win definetly.

Everybody who looks on the list knows that one FF7 counts for atleast 4 chocobo games. And look at the upcoming titles:

Upcoming Final fantasy titles

FFvs13 PS3

FFXIV PS3

FF Agito 13 PSP

@ Katilian

I said IF there is a Home for FF its definetly the PS. From all consoles FF released the Playstation is the most tied with Final fantasy because of the titles which are ONLY available on Playstation and not anywhere else. Its ofcourse no exclusive franchise but there is no Console out there which could be called a better home for Final Fantasy then the Playstation.

@ Netyaroze: take it easy there fella. Final Fantasy has no "home". It's been on so many platforms, it's a multiplatform franchise pur sang.

Chrizum said:
@ Netyaroze: take it easy there fella. Final Fantasy has no "home". It's been on so many platforms, it's a multiplatform franchise pur sang.

Lol I know that Its not an exclusive franchise and I also know that its a Multiplat franchise BUT

IF there would be a home then it would be the Playstation. Because it has the most exclusive FF main line games.

Ofcourse there are different versions on PC Xbox Wii Snes DS and so on. But no console has almost all of the important ones except the Playstation.

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
Chrizum said:

Lol I know that Its not an exclusive franchise and I also know that its a Multiplat franchise BUT

IF there would be a home then it would be the Playstation. Because it has the most exclusive FF main line games.

Ofcourse there are different versions on PC Xbox Wii Snes DS and so on. But no console has almost all of the important ones except the Playstation.

This is an argument you cannot win. There is no way to define "important" ones, because it's entirely subjective.

Chrizum said:
Netyaroze said:
Chrizum said:

This is an argument you cannot win. There is no way to define "important" ones, because it's entirely subjective.

With important ones I mean the ones which are the most important for the people and for the developer and for the economy. Important ones are the ones which sold the most. Because they actually keep the company in the game and DEFINE what FF is. Its the main series you cant say that FF4-5-6-7-8 is not more important to the majority of people then Chocobo Dungeon 2.
The company sees them as more important the company invests 10 times more work money time in the main line games and also there is more press about the games and theyare also more important for the economy. And more important for the history of gaming. So these ttles I would consider as important. The definition of the word gives you a clear result. Which cant be doubted because it may be opinion but there is also an objective perspective in the word important. 

With important ones I mean the ones which are the most important for the people and for the developer and for the economy. Important ones are the ones which sold the most or are valued from the market as a milestone which I can see through general opinion press. Important games are important for many reasons like they actually keep the company in the game and DEFINE what FF is. Its the main series you cant say that FF4-5-6-7-8 is not more important to the majority of people then Chocobo Dungeon 2. 

The company sees them as more important the company invests 10 times more work money time in the main line games and also there is more press about the games and they are also more important for the economy. And more important for the history of gaming. So these titles I would consider as important. The definition of the word gives you a clear result. Which cant be doubted because it may be opinion but there is also an objective perspective in the word important. 

Netyaroze said:
Chrizum said:
Netyaroze said:
Chrizum said:

With important ones I mean the ones which are the most important for the people and for the developer and for the economy. Important ones are the ones which sold the most. Because they actually keep the company in the game and DEFINE what FF is. Its the main series you cant say that FF4-5-6-7-8 is not more important to the majority of people then Chocobo Dungeon 2.
The company sees them as more important the company invests 10 times more work money time in the main line games and also there is more press about the games and theyare also more important for the economy. And more important for the history of gaming. So these ttles I would consider as important. The definition of the word gives you a clear result. Which cant be doubted because it may be opinion but there is also an objective perspective in the word important. 

With important ones I mean the ones which are the most important for the people and for the developer and for the economy. Important ones are the ones which sold the most or are valued from the market as a milestone which I can see through general opinion press. Important games are important for many reasons like they actually keep the company in the game and DEFINE what FF is. Its the main series you cant say that FF4-5-6-7-8 is not more important to the majority of people then Chocobo Dungeon 2. 

The company sees them as more important the company invests 10 times more work money time in the main line games and also there is more press about the games and they are also more important for the economy. And more important for the history of gaming. So these titles I would consider as important. The definition of the word gives you a clear result. Which cant be doubted because it may be opinion but there is also an objective perspective in the word important. 

Well then wouldn't you call FF1 as being the most important, since that pretty much saved Square from going under...

Also have you played those FF remake games on the PS1? The load times are horrible and make the games really hard to play. It's not just FF, but remakes like Chrono Trigger as well.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

"Crystal Bearers PSN/WII"

when did the wii's crystal bearers go on PSN?

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas

kaneada said:
r505Matt said:
kaneada said:
r505Matt said:
kaneada said:
kowenicki said:
Another over reaction..

This happens with lots of games... sometimes Sony or MS will pick a game and run their own ad for it. There is nothing stopping Sony from doing the same, they did it with Assassins Creed I and II

This has nothing to do with SE

That's the point though, SE should have everything to do with what ads get aired and for what system that advertisement airs. By allowing Sony or M$ to buy rights to advertising you create an ethical dillemma that gives a potential unfair advantage to company buying the rights. SE should be financing and advertising without the financial backing of SONY or M$ unless the game is exclusive.

Who said they bought rights? Is that confirmed or are you just guessing?

Maybe MS/Sony don't pay anything, but say "We're going to advertise your game for you" and the publisher says "Hell yeah!". Though it's probably more complex than that.

Based on the lack of PS3 logo in the commercial, I think I can make that assumption and be accurate in my accusation. I doubt very seriously that M$ just offered to do this out of the goodness of their heart...there's a bottom line and someone got paid.

Not if MS designed the advertisement themselves, which is quite likely. No one ever said that SE made this advertisement. Especially since it's more an ad for the FFXIII Xbox 360 bundle than it is for FFXIII alone.

Then they are still in some form buying rights to display IP that does not belong to them, even if it is on their system. SE made a deal with them, even if it was for shared risk on the advertising that granted M$ rights to exclusively develop their own trailer. Given that this is with a third party, while its technically legal it is unethical. My point remains.

So since I have enough circumstancial evidence to present that possiblity and raise someone's eyebrows I'm placing the burden of proof on you. Prove me wrong.

There's nothing to prove because your assertion is based entirely on circumstancial evidence.  You do not have the contract, nor do you have credible inside knowledge.  The burden of proof is on you because you are making unsubstantiated claims.

Furthermore, there is nothing unethical about these business arrangements.  If they were not do everything legally available to maximize profits/marketshare, they would be in breach of their corporate duty to their shareholders.  This is entertainment, there is no harmful damage or liability to the consumer.

This is no different than the whining about moneyhatting as if it were a bad thing.  Well tough shit, it happens - go QQ some more about it.  No doubt MS gives incentives to entice developers to develop on their platform, whether it be advertising, lowered costs for development tools, better dev support and better tools.  They're a software company first and foremost.