By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FFXIII marketed as a 360 exclusive o.O

Netyaroze said:
Soonerman said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
To people saying its no big deal and it happened with other games -

FFXIII was once a PS3 exclusive and the franchise as a whole is more related to PS...so this is a pretty fail move by Sony...

At this point I'm going to ignore the overused "Final Fantasy was originally a Nintendo franchise." Instead, I will say this..... Nintendo has more Final Fantasy games on their platforms than Sony platforms! Now, how's that for a fun fact!

Are you sure about that ? Because I dont think so. There are more FF games on Sony platforms then on Nintendo platforms.
First the mainline:

Nintendo:

FF1

FF2

FF3

FF4

FF5

FF6

Couple of remakes for DS of the same gamesAnd 2xFF Tactics for GA plus Crystal Chronicles 

Sony:

FF7

FF8

FF9

FF10

(FFX-2)

FF11

FF12

FF13

(soon FF14)

(soon FFvs13)

Then we have remakes for PS

FF1

FF2

FF4

FF5

FF6

2xFinal Fantasy Tactics for PS1/PSP

Its clear that on Sony plays a much much bigger role for FF then Nintendo look at the sales numbers the numbers of titles in every discipline is Sony the winner when it goes to FF.Nintendo got the same games again but Sony has ALL of them except Crystal Chronicles which is no big loss in my eyes. But Nintendo is missing more then 50% of the main line. Final Fantasy is a Sony franchise.

And I dont really care about the fact that MS is making Advertisment without mentioning Sony (seems logical) Sony has FFvs13. I dont know why but I had right from the start the feeling it will be the superior game. And thats all I care for. Also Square will soon see that the Playstation is Final Fantasys home.

Funny how you do count the remakes for Sony consoles yet you don't count all the remakes for Nintendo plus the Crystal Chronicle series and also the FF Magic Quest series and the Tactics series!. Also, when was FF3 released for Sony consoles? I know they have the 2 disc CD with FF5 and Final Fantasy 6 and another with FF1 & 2. 

Around the Network

This happens all the time, more often by Sony than not.

I hate it though, it's misleading the customer.

steverhcp02 said:
why is everyone ignoring thats a terrible commercial.

for a terrible FF game ?

Time to Work !

Yes ff13 is 360 exclusive! Soon you'll be hearing square enix recalling all ps3 ff13 copies in japan and switch them with 360 version of ff13!!!

Currently Playing: Devil Survivor 2 (NDS)

Kennyheart said:
kunaixhaku said:
sony is full of fail

HOW?

they took the game half the ps3 owners bought a ps3 for and made an exclusive bundle in the largest country with exclusive marketing!! how is that not full of fail. 

Around the Network
libellule said:
steverhcp02 said:

for a terrible FF game ?

I dont know, i havent played it. but ive seen the commercial and it blows.

after all teh year SE and SOny made money together SE favor MS over sony

kunaixhaku said:
Kennyheart said:
kunaixhaku said:
sony is full of fail

HOW?

they took the game half the ps3 owners bought a ps3 for and made an exclusive bundle in the largest country with exclusive marketing!! how is that not full of fail. 

will that mean it'll get 15mil sales on ps3 then? 

Due to the link between the final fantasy brand and playstation, MS probably fought tooth and nail for exclusive marketing, they needed this far more than sony and obviously it will boost sales for 360 and lessen them for ps3 but I don't think drastically.

The_vagabond7 said:
God I hate that song, it doesn't fit what's going on in game at all, it looks like a dumb youtube music video where somebody dubs some song they personally like over some other thing they personally like even when the two have NOTHING in common thematically.

Yea lol

The commercial overall is pretty....funny overall.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

libellule said:
steverhcp02 said:

for a terrible FF game ?

You played it already?