By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RESIDENT EVIL ARCHIVES opinion.

a resident evil with the controls of eternal darkness could be awesome. Also keeping the aiming of eternal darkness would be great so you could choose where to attack. Wouldnt mind stronger enemies though, the ones in eternal darkness go down pretty quickly

Around the Network

Ugh no, the old tank-control-security-cam games are clumsy, archaic and borderline unplayable today imo. Tension stemming primarily from an inept interface isn't a winning formula imo. As far as I'm concerned, the series only got good with RE4.

And the Archives releases are such rip-offs! No added content, widescreen or improved controls (like RE4 Wii), they really should've done REmake and RE0 bundled together in one release for the price each is...

I didn't plar Resident Evil Remake on the GameCube so the Wii version is a new experience for me.
Controls in old school resident evil games are a bit difficult the first minutes you play through the game, but once you take control of the pad it becomes quite normal to move your character.
I mean, Capcom just should remake resident evil franchise based on the old resident evil games and create a new IP based on resident evil 4 and 5 style, gamers would accept both. But they cannot pretend me to accept RE5 like a real Resident Evil game, I just can't.
Capcom, if you sometimes read forums take notice of this.

Wide-screen is impossible with the pre-rendered backgrounds the games use.

Am I the only person who liked the controls in all the Resident Evils prior to 4? =/

Around the Network

No, I also liked the controls in all resident evils prior to 4. In fact, those were the real controls for a RE game.

Resident Evil Archives Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles

These are ones of my favs wii games. Archives is great. Is like a horror movie. A true survival horror. A true Resident Evil. I hope Capcom make a remake from Resident Evil 2.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

In my opinion Re6 to be perfect should mix up some tradiotional elements of resident evil like not many enemies, less bullets,limited inventary, less cures, close enviroments, limited saves (ink ribbon) with some current elements like manual aiminig, improved character movements and different reactions on enemies depending by which part of their boidies is being hit (examples: shoot at legs to slow down zombies movements or shoot monsters beetween the eyes to make them blind).

I'm so torn about this game. On one hand REmake is a classic and a gem on the Cube. On the other hand Capcom insulted us by doing a straight port and omitting things like widescreen. As other have said before compare prices, if you can find the original GC release the same or cheaper than Archives go with that.

As for RE0 it is the same kind of cheap port, the problem is the underlying game is trash.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

tehsage said:
Am I the only person who liked the controls in all the Resident Evils prior to 4? =/

They never bothered me as much as the general bitching about them on the net would suggest they should. When I re-played through RE3 about a year ago I'll admit it took me about 2 min to get the controls down again. But to be fair with so few old school survival horror titles coming out it has more to do with me not getting practice than anything. Now don't me wrong, I'm not praising the old RE controls. They were certainly not fluid, but they got the job done well enough for me.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256